21 July Tucker AMPS: 13.4(241)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jul 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

Per our vet's directions we increased Tucker to 5.5 today. So far this is what we have tested: +6 was 9.2 (166). Because it had come down 4 points I decided to also do a +8 and it was Tucker's first green number ever. 5.3 (95). Now what??
    @Bron and Sheba @JeffJ

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

WooHoo! :D:D:D:D:D
    Fabulous.!!!
    Am on my phone and out but will be home shortly and will answer.
    Bron

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I'd get a +11 then you can see at +12 (PMPS) if the BSL is on the way up

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

+11 was 8.8

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

That's good. He is on the way up. Will be interesting to see the PMPS number.
    You shot 135 (7.5) a couple of days ago and he stayed in blues for six hours. That was with 5 units.
    Do you have plenty of test strips, honey and high carb food and are able to test throughout the night (if necessary)?

6. Tucker

Tucker Member

I have all of my supplies handy. He's begging for food right now.......I'm pretty sure he's trying to suss out how to open the fridge himself....

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

I also have one here who is trying to learn the same trick. Every time I open the frig he is in there sussing out what is on offer:joyful:

Tucker likes this.
  8. Tucker

Tucker Member

His PMPS was 9. I did a +3 and it came up 1.6 so I quickly used the other meter and it was 9.7. So then I went back and used the first meter and this time it came up 9.8. He ate a little bit of chicken for his "good boy treat", and is sleeping on his kitty tower with Teddy and Daisy...acting perfectly normal.

JeffJ likes this.
  9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

:eek:1.6 (28) yikes! I am glad you retested and got two better numbers.
    He is having a nice flat cycle so far. I would get a +6 to make sure he is not dropping too low though
    Wow Tucker, good to see you dipping your toes in the lagoon today. Don't rest on your laurels....you have raised the bar and we are expecting big things of you now.
    Hope you are improving Patty.

10. Tucker

Tucker Member

Thanks so much, Bron. Tucker seems so happy and well, we hope he continues this way for a long long time! I'm doing ok, all healed up but for my brain....lol. I'll set an alarm for midnight so I don't sleep through the test!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
  11. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Now you celebrate for Tucker, yourself, and your family:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I told Theresa and she is also real happy for this great progress.

" I did a +3 and it came up 1.6 so I quickly used the other meter and it was 9.7. "
    This happens sometimes. Probably a bad strip. It is good you have the second meter.

This is great progress for Tucker. He will be feeling a lot better now that he has some normal kitty blood sugar. I hope you are feeling better too. Concussions can take awhile to get over.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.