22/6 TUCKER, amps: 15.7 (283), shot 3.25

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jun 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

Unbelievable! We have not had another cat in our neighbourhood in years--today Tucker was out under the verandah having brekkie when another cat decided to steal his food. We got out there very fast but there was a lot of screaming for about 15 seconds before we could reach him. He is currently bathing the wee off of himself, laying on a big towel on the bed purring. I'm wondering if it is worth the stress on him to bundle him off to the vet.
    We've been having to put him in the laundry at night because of the excess urine issue (ruined one sofa-husband won't let it happen again). He is most happy hanging out on the picnic bench, moving with the sun all day....

JeffJ likes this.
  2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Have been out all day today and am just catching up on Tucker.
    Did the other cat wee on him or was it Tucker who did the wee.? I'm not quite understanding what you are meaning when you say you are not sure whether it is worth the stress of taking him to the vet.
    How did his BSLs go today?

3. Tucker

Tucker Member

Sorry, we had to be out tonight. Tucker stresses out to an extreme when we have to take him to be looked at by the vet. (As in, he wee's and poo's himself...it is not pretty.) I thought I might need to take him to the vet to be examined to be sure he was not bitten. I rang her and she said to just keep an eye on him, it could have been 'all talk' and no bite. He has acted normally all day, happy with other kitties etc. We had a drop in his BG at midday but then his PM preshot came up above 21! I gave him his protein and a 3.25 shot and we left all the cats inside when we went out. I tested him when we got back in and his BG had dropped back to a respectable 15. He's just had some cooked chicken with Daisy and the two of them are now curled up on the cat tower bathing each other and quite purry.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear he is soiling himself. It can really be challenging. Little Dude was at the vet's for a week once and he peed all over himself. It was just miserable and disheartening - for him and us. I hope Tucker can get cleaned up.

So ....3.5 units tomorrow? I am really hoping this gets Tucker to have a bit of a nadir. Keep up the hope. You are doing the dosage change in a very safe way. Soon we will see some regulation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.