.25 Lantus dosage q

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michele&Errol, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele&Errol

Michele&Errol Member

How do you absolutely know you're getting .25U and not.50? I wear specs & do it under bright light but it's just so darn difficult to see!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

All you can do is do the best you can.

3. Michele&Errol

Michele&Errol Member

Thanks Larry, that makes me feel better about it.

4. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Some people use calipers to measure the dose.

5. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Calipers will help you get a consistent dose but not really an ancurrate dose

6. KPassa

KPassa Well-Known Member

When I have to fine-tune a dose with Mikey, I'll also use the dosing calipers for consistency.

Best answer ever. :D

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

8. Tara & Buster

Tara & Buster Well-Known Member

Another thing you can try is counting drops. Practice repeatedly (it may help to use a colored liquid like coffee or juice) and see how many drops are in 1u or .5u. Once you figure that out, you can draw out .5u and push out half the drops. When I say push, I mean turn the plunger until you get a good sized drop. It's a good problem to have, isn't it? Good luck!

9. Michele&Errol

Michele&Errol Member

Great thanks Wendy :smile:

Holy Moly - that I wish I could enlarge the syringe like that. I try to get it to that but the darn insulin plays up sometimes, slipping over to one side, then hiding above the first black line, then sliding down into a corner. I'm as scared of under / over dosing as I am of furshots!

10. Michele&Errol

Michele&Errol Member

Clever idea. I will do so with some old syringes. Yay, I've found a use for them! The recycler in me cringes every time I throw away a barely-used syringe :-|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.