26-Sep Mav AMPS 311|PMPS 457|+2 256|+4 178|+5 266

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Christie & Maverick, Sep 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Yesterday's non-events

After an uneventful day yesterday, Maverick is just relaxing in the pinks. I guess that fabulous weekend in the blues and greens pooped him right out :)

Beenie (GA) and Kris & Teasel like this.
  2. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Yep that'll do it. Maverick will back to blues in no time:cool:

Christie & Maverick likes this.
  3. Girlie's mom

Girlie's mom Well-Known Member

Mav will get back there...just needs a little rest and recover time... those blues can be scary at first! :)

computer.jpg

4. Christie & Maverick

PMPS 457
    +2 256....

Mav's making his move :), it's still early but I'm hoping he's got his eye on those greens tonight :D

Girlie's mom and MyTitan (GA) like this.
  5. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow thats a down elevator. Red to yellow , Titan gives a thumbs up

6. Opticheart

Opticheart Member

What do all these colours mean?

7. Christie & Maverick

Oh, hello and welcome! I see you recently joined, we all enter our blood glucose readings into a spreadsheet that was developed by Heather and Boo, here is the link with general info and on how to set one up http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

So, depending on the blood glucose meter (human or pet), I use pet meter, so red range for me is 400-499, yellow is 200-299, blue is 100-199 and green is 68-99. It will all become more familiar, I promise!

Edited to add: you can see as an example Maverick's spreadsheet found in my signature

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
  8. Christie & Maverick

+4=178, Nice blues for my boy :cool:

Girlie's mom likes this.
  9. Opticheart

Opticheart Member

My meter is a One Touch Verio and it is set up to read for instance 4.9. His highest was 31.1. I was under the mistaken impression that I had to test him twice a day. My vet told me I just have to give the insulin twice a day and do a curve once very three weeks as long as he's eating. Green is in range, Red is high out of range and blue is too low. According to my meter. Apparently I'm feeding food good for his diabetes but bad for his CKD. (mid range for phosphorus).

10. Christie & Maverick

Now I see why the colour references we use were confusing to you! Most of us like to test to see how the insulin is working, certainly the tests before each shot are critical, you don't want to give insulin if the reading is too low. Might I suggest this link for the stickies found in the forum http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...the-basics-new-to-the-group-start-here.18139/

There is a lot of valuable information here, please keep asking questions, and I can tell you I've re-read the stickies 100 times and still go back to check info ;). dealing with CKD adds some complications, for sure. If you have some specific questions about your cat, if you start a new thread, others can offer advice specific to your needs. Also, you'll notice a lot of us who use lantus start a new thread once a day, with BG readings for our cat and updates on our day, so others can offer advice or support.

Hope this helps!

Girlie's mom likes this.
  11. Christie & Maverick

+5= 266...well that was a short time in blues, but someone ate a bunch of extra food before bed that his brother left behind :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.