? 29 Aug Tucker AMPS: 5.0 (90) +20 min 70!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Tucker

Tucker Member

2. Tucker

Tucker Member

Retest for 3.9 (70)! Little advice please?

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’d stall for just another 20 mins then make a decision.
    Having looked back at his SS and what he did last time with the dropping numbers and the higher dose....If he’s still not on the way up I’d either skip, which would be a shame, or give a reduced shot. And monitor closely.

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

Oh no....Husband just came into the room and told me that Tucker had jumped on the kitchen counter and started eating his raw food....so he gave him his morning meds! So, Tucker has just had 4.5 units and is eating his BARF kangaroo breakfast. Should I give him some gravy Fancy Feast now, or wait and retest him and then decide?

5. Bron and Sheba (GA)

You have a couple of hours before the insulin kicks in so I’d just wait and see what happens. Test +1 +2 and hourly after that until you see what the BSL is doing. You can carb him up if necessary if he is still really low when the insulin starts to work.

Tucker likes this.
  6. Tucker

Tucker Member

Sounds like a plan. How low is too low btw?? Using our numbers.

7. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Good question.
    Personally If he is in the greens at onset I would give a teaspoon of higher carb just to keep him there and not drop any lower. Others may differ in opinion. I tend to be conservative. You’ll need to keep testing until you don’t need to.

Tucker likes this.
  8. Tucker

Tucker Member

+1 is 4.3 (77).

9. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Remember the 77 is food influenced so not coming up on its own...... but better than a drop!

10. Tucker

Tucker Member

True. Well, I'm here and happy to keep testing him and he's happy to be tested as long as there is some Fancy Feast at the end of the needle... I gave him Classic recipe, holding off on the gravy until I see which direction he is heading. Right now he is 'trilling' to him, purring his head off and doing happy feet on his favourite wooly blanket...and now is leaning on me whilst giving himself a bath. So far, so good...but will keep testing and a close eye on my boy.

11. Catacular

Catacular Member

We shot 4.5U at 50 once (as well as 4.75 at 72), but we knew we were committing to testing frequently... Without two people testing in shifts, we would not have been able to be so aggressive.

Tucker's numbers are quite a bit nicer than our kitty's. We were solid pinks/reds compared to your yellows! We switched to Young Again Zero on Day 28. It took us 36 days of increased doses (per Roomp & Rand protocol), up to a high dose of 5.5U, before we started seeing serious decreases in BG. On the 46th day, something "broke" and R.'s BG numbers started actually going down, along with our doses. We had to rapidly decrease doses to get ahead of the depot at that point.

We're on Day 62. R.'s been solid blue/green for 13 days, and we're at a .75U dose now. Let's see how the PMPS goes, and good luck to you & Tucker!

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  12. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

It seems like Tucker is responding better at the 4.0 - 5.0 unit range. I tend to be conservative too. Perhaps he is overcoming some insulin resistance.

Leo is a bit bouncy too, and once I cross a threshold (of higher insulin) he has had big drops. The protocol in the forum has a good history. If Tucker stays low, then I would consider a 0.25 dosage drop to see if he will get some blues with the lower value. Another thing to try is a slower approach at these higher numbers.

13. Tucker

Tucker Member

I've posted his later test numbers on his spreadsheet. He is very happy, normal, playing chasey around the house with Daisy.... He hasn't had any food for the last 2 hours so that I could get an accurate BG level on him. It is 6.5 (117) at +6. So happily in the blues. Do I need to keep testing him this afternoon? Thanks Guys!

14. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Looking good Tucker!
    I'd get one more test in sometime this afternoon just to see he is staying on track and also to see how he is handling this cycle with the full dose and a low preshot....will be good data to have.

Tucker likes this.
  15. Tucker

Tucker Member

+10 is 6.5 (117) so he is hanging onto that blue number for the last 4 hours. He's sleeping with Teddy and looking very cozy...

Catacular and JeffJ like this.
  16. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Great cycle Tucker! :DAnd well done Patty!
    Real progress today!
    Shoot low to stay low is so true..........as long as :cat: is reading the rule book and sticking by it.:D
    Will be very interesting to see what the PMPS is.

JeffJ and Tucker like this.
  17. Tucker

Tucker Member

PMPS: 8.8 (158). :) Go Tucky Tucks!

18. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Watching with interest!

19. Tucker

Tucker Member

+4 was 7.2 (130)

20. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

watching with excitement for you both!

21. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

Wow beautiful!!!

22. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Looking good Tucker, keep up those blue numbers.

23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Nice couple of cycles!