29 June Tucker AMPS: 13.2(238)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tucker, Jun 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tucker

Tucker Member

One of his best AM tests to date. Ate breakfast like a pussy cat, not a ravenous beast.

2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

The numbers are looking better. If you kind of stand back from the chart, the general trend is down. I think the AMPS today was one of the lowest ever. Also the numbers look pretty stable. That is a good sign. I am hoping the final dosage will also deliver nice smooth 12 hour curves.

We will hope to see the first blue number with the dose=4.0. Getting there.

3. Tucker

Tucker Member

I was thinking the same thing. I really want to avoid him doing a bounce since he has been so happy this week and the last couple of days have been looking better. I think tonight is the night we are clear to go from 3.75 to 4.0 but nobody will be home after the shot for a few hours. Is that a concern? Thanks!

4. Tucker

Tucker Member

+4= 13.8

5. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

His numbers are still a bit high. Let's hope the 4.0 dose gives some down movement.

At Tucker's current levels, there is no danger to leave him for even 12 hours. He is in a very safe zone.

After he gets regulated, it will be your choice to set the range. For Leo I keep it generally high because he has a strong tendency to dive his BG. This morning at 6am, he did just that. He dived to 39 (~2.6) which can be very dangerous. That is called a hypo (hypoglycemia). We resolved it quickly.

Tucker does not have that potential yet. Also most cats do no hypo if they have good eating habits and you take/record measurements on a regular basis.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
  6. Tucker

Tucker Member

Ok, so I guess since he has had the 6 doses at 3.75 it is time to move him to the straight 4 units with his evening insulin? Gosh, and I have been pretty excited to see him at a 13...sure beats seeing all of those 16, 18 or even the odd 20!

7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Yes, time for the move to 4.0. Let's cross a bunch of fingers.

Since his changes in the 3.75 range are not big, I think 4.25 or higher will be the final dose. I just don't think going up to 4.0 will achieve it. But once the depot fills, he may level out at 4.0. This is fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.