3/07 Morris AMPS 347; +2 292; +6 310; +8 311; PMPS 356

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8290

I am still trying to figure out the magic formula for how much food he wants to eat! When I put out 1 can of Fancy Feast & 1/2 can Friskies, he eats it all up but still seems very hungry! When I put out 1 can of Fancy Feast & 1 can of Friskies, some times he will eat it all up & some times he will leave about 1/2 can Friskies behind! It seems I can't win for loosing! Perhaps as this last dose of mirtz starts wearing off tomorrow, his hunger will begin to even out again.

He is still a bit grumpy at times, but I am really beginning to think that it has more to do with hunger than it does with pain & perhaps another p~itis flare. Otherwise, all of his P's seem to be working just fine!

It looks like he is still rebounding, so I don't think I will try a full curve today. Vet wants me to get 1 done testing every 2 hours for a minimum of 16 hours. I really hope to get it done either Mon or Tues, but if not, I will try again next weekend! I think it is still too soon from the dosecrease to get a good curve done any way.

2. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Re: 3/07 Morris AMPS 347

Hi Gwen!
    He is eating. This is great! I do think appetites will wax and wane from day to day. it's when you see the progressive downswing of interest. Some days latte will eat 1 3oz can in a.m., sometimes only 3/4. Occassionally more than 1. Sometimes she eats a snack during the day, sometimes not...its the overall picture you want to look at.

I would probably get a few spot checks in today. You might catch the rebound breaking! Thats always a sight. :mrgreen:

Hope spring is in the air over there. Enjoy your day.

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/07 Morris AMPS 347; +2 292

So, I have been doing some food research this morning! Looking through Janets lists, comparing to what is available where I live, & hoping to find something that is lower fat than what I have been feeding (was surprised to learn that Friskies has about the same amount of fat as EVO!). I understand that kitties with p~itis should be fed lower fat diets, but that often means increasing the carbs! I have posted on health about this, so if you have any experience with feeding a p~itis kitty, please read my post viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8375

Of course I will!

Thanks Carolyn! It was a BEAUTIFUL spring day here yesterday....was great being outside & watching dd play soccer! But, with spring, comes showers....the clouds are supposed to start rolling in today & we will probably be getting rain most of this week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.