3/1/19 Olive AMPS 235; +4=180; +5=147; PMPS 338; +4.5=130; +6.5=138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Olive & Paula, Mar 1, 2019.

1. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Yesterday Caber 147

Tried to get lactulose yesterday but you need a script. Ollies vet won't give one because it's has sugar.

Will probably do dosecrease tonight, didn't want to do it when I have to leave for work. In hindsight this morning would have been better as I'll be home until +5. Tomorrow I will have to leave right after shot and work all day.

2. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I wonder how successfully I could mail you a bottle of lactulose; we don't need a script here.

3. Crista & Ming

Crista & Ming Well-Known Member

Is Olive having some hard poops?

4. Olive & Paula

Not having any despite subq fluid, miralax and pumpkin. She doesn't have motility enough to get it out. Its like every 4-5 days she goes but it is normal poops.

5. Olive & Paula

I'm willing to try if you are. Maybe list it as something other than medicine though.

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice to see some blue today. I hope you the lactulose gets to you safely.

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

For motility, you might want to try cisipride. It is RX and must be compounded (in sugar free base). Many think laculose is not appropriate for a diabetic, but the sugar is not digested so it doesn't affect BG. You monitor enough to determine if there would be any BG impact if you are worried, but many here depend on it to keep things moving with no impact to BG.

8. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

9. Olive & Paula

I know about the lactulose, I used it for Smokey, but can't convince this vet. I will ask about cisipride.

10. Olive & Paula

Dosecrease on board. Hubby in a snit over something and being a real b******.