3/12 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

He's gone a bit higher the past couple days than his usual "almost OTJ state" :sad: . Not clear yet if I just waited too long for the latest shot and his shed got totally cleared out, or if something else is going on. He's seemed a little subdued lately, but that could be from the higher BGs. He's got a bit of sniffles, but that isn't unusual for him, and nothing alarming, so I'm not sure it's that. Anyhow, we shoot more I guess!

Here's the most recent:

Wed 165 0.8u (last shot was 8 days earlier, which is how he has been running lately, about a week between shots)
    Thurs 156 1u (probably means I undershot wed, usually if I get him in good #s he stays there a few days)
    +6 115 (not bad, but he probably needs to go lower than this)
    Thurs +19 185 1.4u

These doses are WAY higher than anything he's had in a while, as well as the #s, but I don't see anything to suspect any rebound, so I'm hoping it isn't something wrong with him, infection or who knows what. Anyhow, aiming for a +6 today, and then will reshoot again at +12 if it's needed. :sad:

Oh, and it's dreary out today too & drizzling. :sad: But at least lots of things are starting to bloom & there are flocks of robins around, so it's not all bad!!!! (Yeah, and I know being worried about a 185 is crazy for most!) :mrgreen:

2. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Being worried about a 185 doesn't seem crazy to me, because it's not the norm for Bix. Anytime something with our kitties is amiss, it can be cause for worry. Hopefully he just needs some boosts from the ol' vial and he will be back to good #s. ;)

I haven't seen/heard any robins, but there's at least one mockingbird in the neighborhood who regales us with his songs every night in the wee hours. Did you know that mockingbirds will imitate any noise they hear repeatedly, such as a cell phone ring? I thought that was quite interesting.

Have a good weekend and tell Bix if he doesn't get in shape, there's a costume waiting for him...

3. Michelle & Prudence

Michelle & Prudence Member

4. Sarah and Buzz

That video was funny and creepy all at the same time! :)

5. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

Once a week shots are fantastic, but I still understand your concern. I hope Bix responds well to the latest shot and gets back to those low numbers on his own. Glad to see you posting on Bix again.

6. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

+6 110
    +10.5 152 1u

Weird (for him). Usually .6 or .8 will bring him into good #s for at least a few days (shot 1.4 this morning and that didn't do it.... WTF?). I'm hoping this is just because I can't seem to pop him back in the good #s for Mr. P. to take over, rather than a sign of something else going on with him, but time will tell I guess.

He hasn't had a BID shot in months & I'm not sure if he's actually zooming up or what, so totally guessing on the dose. I'll be out tomorrow & leaving early so shooting a little early, though I would rather have waited til +12. Arghhh!!!

Thanks everyone for the support, and hope you all have a great Saturday! I probably won't be around, but should be back Sunday!

7. Sarah and Buzz

Hmmmmm, Bix, what is going on with you?! Don't make your mama worry so much, especially when she is going to be away tomorrow.

Hopefully this 1u will get Mr. P to chime in. Have a great day tomorrow! :)

8. Nancy and Cody

Nancy and Cody Well-Known Member

2 things jumped out at me SNIFFLES and things blooming. Now that could be because I'm in bed now with sniffles and a sinus headache, and feeling blaaaaaah, but Cody has had the same runny nose for 2 weeks and some high numbers for him.

Could you do more testing tomorrow and see what's up?
    Is his activity level the same? Rain = more sleeping; exercise = lower numbers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.