3/13 DAVIDSON'S SURGERY DATE - QUESTIONS SS works

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi,

Davidson is still having high BG levels and going up and down, surgery is tomorrow morning and he did have diarrhea for past couple of days, but this morning seems to be firming up a bit. Still very soft, but not total liquid life prior days. I'm sure it's the meds, but he seems good and not lost any weight at all since I first realized a problem on Mar 6th.

I did a new spreadsheet so everyone can see his results, and in case he goes back on insulin it will be posted, however I'm having a problem accessing the old spreadsheet, as I could easily continue on that one, or when I tried to copy and paste this one it came up an error saying I have too many lines in my signature.

Any suggestions on how to attach this would be apprecaited.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HePKdq97-QSTX7gvdeEklPAr2ursiVUUnSKBEeARThY/edit#gid=5

QUESTION: After the surgery he will be put on an anitbiotic again for 10 days. I will test him every few hrs, BUT - if I don't see his BG levels dropping when should I start him on insulin?? Should I wait the full 10 days or perhaps start at 5 days? I want to try to insure I don't mess up as he still has a chance to get his levels down and not be dependent on insulin.........If you look at his chart with the above link, you'll see his pancreas is working..........

Thanks in advance,
    Shawna

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The diarrhea is likely from the antibiotic which is a strong on and can kill tummy flora. I would try a probiotic. This is the one I used when Neko was on that AB.

You are only allowed three lines in your signature. But you can do run on lines that are very long. I crammed a lot in my signature.

I am having a problem opening the new spreadsheet. Need to see that before commenting on when to restart insulin. Since he's out of remission, we tend to be more aggressive to get them back into remission. I also don't want to see Davidson get glucose toxicity, or used to higher numbers.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

You need to click the share button and set up "anyone with link can view" before we can see your new SS.

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for tomorrow's surgery.

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Guess I missed the step for the shared button and trying to redo it but it won't let me........maybe delete it and start again?

Davidson is getting higher BG at 8:00 am today he was 376................here is his spreadsheet, maybe you can open it and advise when to start insulin after surgery today

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hLCvQ-GPSqWBSD6X5afzxSzxFEGx7wTNZbIr12GPBVg/edit?usp=sharing

Mar 12:

6:00 336
    +4 208
    +6 206
    +9 231
    PM +2 259

As Wendy said, I don't want him used to higher numbers but he still needs to get on AB's to clear up infection after surgery, so my question is when to start or not start at all for a week???

6. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Shawna,
    Sending good vines for Davidson's surgery today.
    The SS is accessible, but you haven't filled in any data yet. Do you plan to wait until after the surgery? It would helpful for comparison if you would fill in any numbers you have.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

P.S. both the old and the new spreadsheets in your signature link work.

7. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

OKAY, good it saved it but I guess it didn't save the data...........I'll enter it now or as much as possible before leaving to take Davidson

How do I add onto the previous SS, as I can just update that........I have a completed one but it's not allowing me to post it.

** I cannot enter data on SS, as it was a view only, so I asked to be allowed and that goes to the owner of the site.........must have done something wrong and will figure it out when I get back in a 15 min.

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I've reset it all but for some reason I cannot enter any data........I even went to Google Sheets, and tried to find the my template but can't ..........any suggestions as I could have forgotten something since it's been 4 yrs and I tried to find some technical help on how to enter but couldn't.

Here is the link, with updated data but I don't think it shows to everyone in my signature

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HePKdq97-QSTX7gvdeEklPAr2ursiVUUnSKBEeARThY/edit#gid=0

Can someone let me know if they can see the 2018 data in above link

Thanks,
    Shawna

9. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I can see the 2018 data from that link. I'm not sure how you link it to the other SS though.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Carla, Marje is working on it for me now..........

11. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

YIPEE! I think I finally figured it out...........my longer signature line for the SS should work now and everyone should see Davidson's BG's

*** Note, Davidson is NOT on insulin as yet and these BG's are from random testing which I've done while he was OTJ since April 15/14........his last random test was Jan 19th. 2018 and he was 72, then Mar 6th he was 231 so I knew something was wrong.
    Davidson is in surgery now and I got them to give IV fluids to make sure he's not dehydrated from the diarrhea and I will pick him up in a few hrs.

The BG in the last week are up and down so appears he's fighting his own insulin to try ans stabilize...........I'm hoping once the meds kick in his infection will clear up and his BG will be back to normal. If not, that's when I need your help to deterine when to put him back on insulin.

Once he's home I will test every few hrs

Thanks,
    Shawna

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Okay, I cannot take credit for this in spite of me being able to see and access the correct SS, but Marje was able to assist and fix it all so now you can see all the records for Davidson from his first DX Jan 2013, until he went OTJ
    Apr 2014. Have a peek at the new sheet to see the BGs taken in th past week - remember he IS NOT on insulin at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.