3/14 Bix

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Joanna & Bix (GA), Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

No breakthrough yet, I'm home today, so will get at least one mid-cycle test in to see where we are.

Yesterday:
    +9.5 149 1.2u
    +15 153 1.4u
    Today:
    +12 169 1.6u

I know I'm raising way faster than we usually do here (do what I say, not what I do :oops: ) - it's because I have a lot of data on him already, I'm home to keep an eye on him, I'm worried that our OTJ chance (which it does seem like he has had a shot at) is quickly flying out the window, worried about him seeming a little "off" lately, and all around impatient!!! :D

So far, he has not generally been a steep dropper on PZI (like many cats seem to be), so with PSs like this I feel reasonably comfortable he's not going into non-diabetic #s for the nadir (but will check for sure today!). He's never rebounded either on PZI - if I overshoot he eats up a storm - so not too worried about that, which is one of the reasons for recommending more gradual increases. I also suspect he is hanging in these #s rather than zooming, so I don't think overlap is as much of a factor as if he were zooming, so no compelling reason there to wait on a dose for overlap to build up.

To answer Nancy's questions from previous thread, his sniffles actually seem to be gone I noticed - it was a couple weeks ago I saw them most, and realized I was still thinking of him as "sniffly" even though he's seemed better for a few days. (Hope you are feeling better soon Nancy!!!).

We have had less rain this week (but he's indoor anyhow), but I do noticed he hasn't played in a few weeks :sad: so that can't be helping his #s (though I suspect it is because he is feeling "off", he just seems subdued, though not lethargic or anything like that).

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!!!! :)

2. Ele & Blackie (GA)

Ele & Blackie (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to see those numbers, Joanna. You are doing a great job keeping Bix in good numbers though. Could he have spring fever? I know you're worried about him. I hope Bix gets back to normal soon. I hope you have a good Sunday. It's been raining here since last night, but its way better than snow.

3. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Oh, wow, Joanna, you guys give me hope! I just noticed that Bix has been diabetic about as long as Buddha, since summer 2008. And to think that you still might be able to get him OTJ is so wonderful. And it looks like you are so close. I would really like to see this for you guys. (No pressure.)

4. Joanna & Bix (GA)

thanks Ele & Donna, I really don't know what is going on!!! I had been letting him run a little high with the whole "don't shoot below 150" theory that his pancreas needs the wake-up call, but now that he is clearly going higher I think I'm going to try a tighter approach. If I can keep him in really good #s for a few days and he still seems "off" I'll head to the vet I guess. :sad:

Yes Donna, there is always hope!!! With Bix, the improvement really came about with a food change. But there are definitely a few longer term kitties around who have done well at some point. Kitties are amazing healers I guess! :mrgreen:

Ele, hoping the rain lets up & you get some nice sun today, but if not, at least maybe it'll give you pretty spring flowers soon! :)

5. Joanna & Bix (GA)

+5 84 yippee!!!!!!!!!!
    +11 121 1.1u

Dropped the dose quite a bit on the low PS since I will be snoozing at nadir time and don't have much data so far on PSs in this range.

Disclaimer: shooting on a PS this low is generally not recommended. He will tend to hang in higher #s for hours without zooming, so I'm not waiting too much for the 150s to arrive, I think in his case (the exception) he needs the push from the insulin even if the PS is low.

Really relieved to see a DD today!!! :mrgreen: I was starting to feel like my PZI vial might have gone bad or something, with all the sitting around of late.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.