3/14 Davidson update from surgery

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi to everyone,

As you can see by Davidson’s SS his levels are up and down, but down is really down and in past couple days has been the lowest since testing began daily Mar 6th. No complications from surgery and the only meds he’s on is the AB - Antirobe twice a day.

Problem is he still has watery diarrhea and not sure if I should continue with the ABs? He’s supposed to end the 10 days on Monday and I will call the vet tomorrow to see what he says. Davidson is eating well and started giving him Lysine today.

I think his pancreas is working and slowly recovering as he’s not drinking up water, not inhaling food, he’s jumping and purring and not showing signs of the usual diabetes. That doesn’t mean he’s not going to need insulin, but I think the meds are causing the diarrhea or perhaps the sedative they gave him is still in his system since today is only the 1st full day after the teeth extractions.

What do some of the more experienced members think?

Shawna

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Davidson is eating for you. It does sound like the AB could be causing the diarrhea. Do you have any probiotics to give while he's taking it?

3. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx Carla, haha - he’s never had a problem eating, he’s not overweight just likes his food. No probiotics, never bought them.......guess I can buy some tomorrow and can you suggest the best types to get.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

5. carfurby (GA)

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Great, I will go to the drug store tomorrow as it appears these are for humans. What’s the dosage for cats. I have to see if these brands are in Canada but I’m sure the pet stores will have something comparable

7. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Back in our day I used Culturelle. 1/2 cap per day, sprinkled on and mixed right into his food.

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The probiotic I listed is made in BC. 1/2 capsule, twice a day.

9. carfurby (GA)

The ones I've used I divided into 3rds and gave twice a day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.