3/17 Buddha

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Donna & Buddha, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Buddha had three consecutive cycles of ps's in the yellow, but was a solid red this morning. Yesterday was also a good "bleed on the first poke" day.

Since today started in the red, I fed a 1/2 can at shot time, and the full can at +2. Hoping that will lessen the post breakfast spike and ease the beginning of insulin action.

I probably WOULD feed Purina DM instead of Fancy Feast (also made by Purina) if I didn't have to purchase it through the vet. I just don't agree with that method of sales. Does not fit my lifestyle.

I'm down to 4 test strips for the Contour. So unless the new Contour meters and strips arrive in the mailbox today, I'll be opening up the ReliOn Ultra and trying it out.

Buddha concluded a 3 week round of Clavamox yesterday morning. The culture (obtained after the 1st 2 weeks of Clavamox when a u/a still showed bacteria) was unable to grow anything. So the infection is assumed gone now.

We had a few days of blue skies and sunshine, and I think we all feel better on those days. Back to clouds today, but the daffodils and cherry trees are in full bloom and the forsythia are nearing peak. A flock of cedar waxwings came through over the weekend to strip the holly tree of its berries. My sinuses and the scum around the pool inform me that pollen is rampant. Shortly, the pine trees will start dumping copious amounts of pollen. If the cats manage to sneak out to roll on the warm concrete, they will came back inside a bright flourescent yellow.

2. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

oh, what a treat, a flock of cedar waxwings!!! I love when I see them!

hope the 2.1 works well for him today, looks like it has before so hopefully it will come through for you.... weird how those tiny dose changes can make such a big difference in the #s

pictures of flourescent yellow kitties.... please share! :D

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

yes we must see the flouresent bright yellow kitties.
    :lol:

4. Donna & Buddha

Donna & Buddha Member

Ya know, I don't think I ever took a picture of the pets covered in pollen. I'll try to remember to take one when the pine trees let loose in a couple of weeks.

I DID go out this afternoon to take a picture of the cedar waxwings in the holly tree. Those little guys are hard to focus on and would much rather eat berries on the other side of the tree. But I managed to get one ok shot.

Buddha's pmps, well what should have been his pmps, was 168! Dunno where that came from. I didn't feel like I should shoot early (just 1/2 an hour though) on that, so I ran out the door and in the hour and half or so while I was gone he zoomed into the red. Guess I should have shot sooner than later.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.