3.17 Rufus AMPS 107 , PMPS 157(AT2)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sean & Rufus, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean & Rufus

Sean & Rufus Well-Known Member

Happy Saturday :)

Ana & Frosty (GA) likes this.
  2. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

3. Sean & Rufus

@Bobbie And Bubba , I know you give kitties aloe vera juice and SEB. Do you also give a probiotic? Do you know if I can give a probiotic and SEB?

4. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

I am only giving probiotics ( Florastor) when there is a diarrhea issue for a therapeutic dose . I am feeding raw and I am not sure if there is probiotics all ready in the formula. I know there is digestive enzymes. I will look into that.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  5. Sean & Rufus

At all foods today. Still having to liquify foods, but it is what it is.

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  6. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Yep, eating all foods is good!

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  7. Sean & Rufus

And it was seafood :( But hey, at least he's eating! I think the biggest issue with him going forward might be having to change foods on him. Rotating selection, which is going to be hard not knowing what he's allergic to. I've been listening to his stomach again the last couple of days. Still has the gurgling going on. Not sure if that's the miralax or the IBD.

8. Bobbie And Bubba

My money is on a GI issue. I would add the SEB ( Slippery Elm Bark ) and see if that can calm things up.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  9. Sean & Rufus

My plan is to add it tomorrow. I just am so hesitant to add things. Don't want to him to quit eating again!

10. HWright

Sean,
    I thought Bobbie used AVJ with SEB, too! ;)
    Here’s a link to info re using SEB and AVJ.
    The general SEB:AVJ ratio that is mentioned and what I go by is 1/4tsp SEB with 1/2tsp ABJ.
    When I use both in food, I use that 1 part SEB to 2 parts AVJ ratio.

Sometimes the syrup is more effective.

The link also includes
    info about making SEB syrup. Hope this helps and that you and Rufus having a good weekend. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

http://www.rawfeedingforibdcats.org...es-slippery-elm-bark-powder-instructions.html

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  11. Sean & Rufus

Thank you so much! Great info! I'll have to see what works best, in the food or paste beforehand. Id love to get him off of the pepcid and ondansetron. Just hope he doesnt mind the taste! Hope your weekend is great, too! :)

HWright likes this.
  12. HWright

Helps to start with tiny amounts...smidgens...in food and gradually up the amount. Or make the paste or syrup and dose by oral syringe. The syrup might be more smooth.
    I think Lizzie uses MMR powder instead of SEB. If Rufus doesn’t acclimate with the SEB or if it ups bg (I think that’s why Lizzie uses MMR for Gizmo), then trying MMR same way as SEB always an option!

Eta: SEB should be organic if you can find it and from the inner bark only. It should taste kinda mild, slippery elm sweet. If it tastes bitter, it might have outer bark in it or it could be past its prime.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  13. Sean & Rufus

14. Bobbie And Bubba

I started off with the capsules too and now I buy bulk loose organic SEB which is cheaper and faster than fooling with the capsules. I got the loose SEB from Amazon.

Sean & Rufus likes this.
  15. Sean & Rufus

Oh this stuff is the loose kind. I kind of wish it was a capsule, then I could just pop it in him! He's not too hard to pill fortuneltly.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.