3/18/18 - Luci - AMPS 221,4+74,5+82,7+60,8+45,9+70, 10+155, PMPS 216 Decreased to 2 u.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sue and Luci, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Luci eating and acting normally. She was easy on mama bean yesterday...no dramantics! Nothing too high, nothing too low. Will she go low today? How do you predict which days are likely to be lagoon days? I still don't see a pattern - just that when she goes to the lagoon she usually goes there by 2+ and can hang around till mid to late afternoon ...then rocks on out...just can't figure out what days she's likely to do that. Will today be one of those days since yesterday wasn't?

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, I just saw that 133 so I think you will see greens. Did you feed on that 133 to slow down the drop?

3. Sue and Luci

Yes she got about a tablespoon 5% FF beef Pate.

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good job keeping Luci geeen but safe. As she spends more time in green, those bounces should reduce and hopefully her body will want to be green. Then she'll be more predicable.

5. Sue and Luci

Music to my ears Wendy! I've worked so hard to help her get here - I can't believe she's finally able to stay in the green for more than one or two hours! It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. However, perhaps like her I'm getting a little more used to it as well (not feeling like I'm going to have a heart attack for worrying about her!); I'm cautious though and am going to test her in a few minutes for 8+. That 60 is a little too close for comfort...if a 20% variance is considered with these meters....I'll keep posting.
    Thank you for your support/kind words! Cannot tell you what it means to know there are people like you out there to help us along this road!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  6. Sue and Luci

Maybe the congrats were a bit premature - she's down to 45 - so I just fed her two teaspoons of gravy lovers - FF turkey with gravy - 15% - she seems to be feeling just fine though. Ate her snack right up!
    Should I test again in 30 minutes? To make sure she's responding to the MC food?

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, test again in 30 to make sure she's up above 50.

8. Sue and Luci

She's at 70 - whew! Looks like the two teaspoons of Gravy Lover's turned her around - or it could be that she's getting to that time of day...notice her spreadsheet? She rarely goes into the 8+ or 9+ in the greens...Either way, I'm glad I caught her before she dropped lower. I guess this is all part of the process to get her used to being in the greens! It'll be interesting as time goes on if she'll stay in the greens longer and longer each day - it's just those drops that will shake me up!

I should have known the minute I said I was 'getting used' to something that she'd go and do a dive! I swear I think she can read my mind! No rest for you mama bean! On your toes! :cat::D:p:p:D:cat:

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  9. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Well look at Luci! Good catch Momma! And congrats on Luci earning a reduction tonight down to 2 units. :D If she bounces to the moon tonight from the 45, you could shoot through the bounce tonight's PM cycle and then take the reduction tomorrow morning.

10. Sue and Luci

Why would I want to reduce her insulin? The last time I reduced we went 20 cycles before increasing - and she just went under 100 ONE time...and then 8 more cycles before another increase in order to get her back in the greens again. So are you saying based on this one time she went below 50 that I should decrease her dosage back to 2 units?

If we go back to 2 units, will she continue to go green tomorrow and the following days or is she going to go back up like she did the last time I decreased her insulin. This increase to 2.25 has finally appeared to do the trick and has gotten her more time under 100 than any dosage prior to this.

Obviously I'm still new at all this but I'm reluctant to change the dosage after only one drop below 50 - especially since she's been doing so well - finally - and getting some time to rest (under 100)...I'm certainly happy to move her back to 2 units to keep her safe - but also don't want to undo all the good days we've had recently.

I know it's hard to make predictions - so I guess better safe than sorry...is that why she's 'earned a reduction' ?

11. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

When using a human meter, and kitty goes below 50, a reduction is earned. To keep her safe, take the reduction. It is not uncommon for cats to dance around the same dose a few times. You can't go by what she did the last time you decreased her insulin. Since insulin is a hormone, their needs are constantly changing. Safety first. She earned the reduction. I would take it.

12. Sue and Luci

Ok...thanks! Exactly what I was thinking while I was typing...just trying to sort all this out...
    If she's earned a reduction - then tonight a reduction she shall have. Getting ready to shoot in about 30 minutes - so I appreciate your input - very timely! I'd hate to have her go hypo in the middle of the night tonight!:D:bighug::bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.