3/18 Davidson PMPS 228 +2-231, +4-176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, guess messing up last nights dose in the syringe didn't help as his numbers were high from PMPS to this morning...........so out came the magnifying glass and hopefully in a couple hours I will see some positive results with lover BG's.............dumbass I am!!

2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Ahh, feeling better now I got the dose correct. Moving forward now..............

3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you're planning on testing again soon!!

That's a huge drop from AMPS to +2!!

Davidson could be on a mission today

4. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Chris...........yup, just did the +3 and will do a +4 in an hour.........

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Davidson surfs safely today.

6. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Well, he's done dropping for the day I guess and I wonder if I should increase the dose to .5 as we didn't know an exact starting point. Yes, it's early and perhaps a suggestion of whether or not to increase would be appreciated. Wendy suggested he may have had a bounce, I can go with the .25 tonight, and perhaps increase it to .5 tomorrow morning when I am home and not sleeping thru the night.........your thoughts please?

7. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Isn’t it too early? I might be wrong since it’s been a few years but I think you need to wait for the depot to build up since you are just starting out... I think it’s five? days or something...

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

I’m wondering if the starting dose was low to begin with as his weight is 5.6 kgs so technically he should have been at 1.4units....it was suggested to start at .1 or .25 and maybe they were too low for a starting point.

I’m open to suggestion but I need to take an aggressive stance as I leave for Africa May 9th and can’t cancel my trip. I’ll be gone 17 days and not sure if my pet sitter can do the shots and check BG levels as she only is here an hour in the morning and at night (feeding times). I’d hope he can start reducing his insulin needs - not sure what I’m going to do if he’s still on insulin......

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since he is seeing blues already, I would give this dose 6 consecutive cycles to build the depot, before deciding if he needs an increase. With last night's oopsie, the cycle count restarted this morning. Since Davidson is out of remission, we would be a bit more aggressive on how long we wait before increasing, so might not wait the full five days.

As for shots while you are gone, typically we would suggest a reduced dose if no testing will be done by the petsitter. Might want to talk to her and see if she's comfortable at least getting a preshot test and shooting.

10. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks Wendy and Wendy.....lol.

Yes, agree with the shorter cycle and will see what happens in the next 2 days. Is a cycle considered 2 shots in one day?

Pet sitter was here, she has done injections in a dog and said not a problem, I showed her how to test and she understands well even if she’s an older women (75). She said she should be able to do it, but I will give her some training a few weeks before and see. Not sure how much more reduced we can get, difficult getting the .25 as we know, and I recall doing a couple weeks at .1 and it was nearly impossible, haha. May have to get an extra big magnifier for her.

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There are two cycles per day. Or one cycle per shot.

Good to hear the petsitter is willing to try to test.

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Tnx for the clarification.

13. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Hmmm, maybe I did get some insulin into Davidson last night as tonight's +2 is also high at 231.............I guess I'll have to set the alarm and see what it is at +4

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.