3/19 Davidson AMPS 241 +2-187, +3-160, +4-151

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Shawna & Davidson (GA), Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning to all..........

Davidson is responding well and had good +4, +5 BGs last night...........lots of blues yesterday so see how today goes and perhaps tomorrow increase the dose to .5 (we are in an aggressive mode with Davidson, not for everyone) to see if we can get him lower numbers and stay that way a bit.........only HE knows..........

A great day to ALL
    Shawna

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  2. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

Keeping fingers crossed for you and Davidson, glad to hear he's responding!

3. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

What a difference already! I hope his numbers continue to improve and you start to see green soon. I think it's great you acted so early before numbers got too crazy and I hope the antibiotics continue to improve things and this is a short transition. :bighug:

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope you see some green soon.

5. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks!! The dose is so little and it’s working but may have been better in Davidson’s case to start at .5 and then reduce, but if he’s healing he won’t be in the higher dose for long I hope. At least I have the pattern down pat, haha - not much sleep, but have several hours mid day to go out and have my time. Nights as you all know are a killer if you want to test.

Harley goes to vet late this afternoon, both were there for exams last Nov and all was good for both. However vets records showed they each had tarter on teeth but never recommended anything. So here I am dealing with Davidson again, and although Harley isn’t diabetic, I’m checking to see if he needs dental so there are no surprises with infections down the road...we all know what that can do, so taking the bull by the horns with him..

6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

I'd say it's better to start a little too low than too high! easier to increase than decrease... And wait to see what the dose will do tonight!

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  7. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a nice response to 0.25u! Davidson is looking great!
    See how things play out tonight. If there aren't any surprises AND you can continue monitoring as closely as you have been... I think you could increase the dose to 0.5u tomorrow. An increase should help bring the entire range down.
    Good luck!

8. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Thanks everyone...........I'm here all day for Davidson, he's my #1 Guy - but don't tell Harley that. Speaking of Harley, I just took him to the vet as both were there last Nov for yearly exams and both had the same teeth tarter yet nothing was said about extractions, infections, gingivitis, etc........so I don't want surprises with Harley down the road............as it turns out, he needs one canine and a premolar removed. So he goes in April 11th.

I will monitor Davidson as many times as he needs.........I work around his schedule and hope he responds well.............tonight will see how he does, but will increase tomorrow and hopefully see the GREENS
    Shawna

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.