3/20 ambg 221; midday bg 184; pmbg 162 -

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by apple, Mar 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple

apple Member

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
    Reason for edit: edit typing error
  2. apple

apple Member

He's dropping on his own, no insulin at this time. Thoughts on waiting vs starting insulin?

Today:

Foods- free feed YAzero; free feed FF chopped grill; assist feed FF beef classic
    Meds: metro

3. apple

apple Member

For tonight, we wait.

His bg is dropping with no insulin. I spent time today looking over his old notebook, his spreadsheet, thinking about his experience & on & on & on and decided for tonight we wait. I'll test in the am and we go from there. I'm so used to his previous vet knowing all his medical history and his ins and outs, I took a moment to think about what he would do. He would wait (it's dropping) and offer supportive care, (metro, bupe and maybe clavamox) maybe it's his pancreas and I missed that, or a sinus infection, or ..... So, we wait and test in the am.

4. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Have you looked in your area to see if there is a vet nearby that does acupuncture? Has he actually been diagnosed with arthritis? If so, Adequan could help.

Even though his numbers are coming down some without insulin, they aren't coming down a lot and are still higher than a cat in remission should have. Of course infection and/or pain can definitely be playing a part. Stress, too - yours and his - can elevate numbers. Deep breaths. This is going to be okay. We got your back.
    :bighug:

5. apple

apple Member

Have you looked in your area to see if there is a vet nearby that does acupuncture? Previous vet was only person that did it. I've asked people for their recommendations looking for another vet.
    Has he actually been diagnosed with arthritis?-No If so, Adequan could help. I'm hesitant to try new meds. I keep finding things he has a horrible reaction to. Vet gave him gaba and he had a reaction. It didn't make him calm or mellow, it made him agitated.

Even though his numbers are coming down some without insulin, they aren't coming down a lot and are still higher than a cat in remission should have. Agree

Of course infection and/or pain can definitely be playing a part. Stress, too - yours and his - can elevate numbers. I think his pancreas is having a flair. He has opioid sensitivity reaction, so I don't know what to do for his pancreas right now. Giving Bupe will increase his pain sensitivity all over his body.

Deep breaths. I'm trying. I made a decision today, and yesterday I was circling the drain (I think I went down the drain hole a few times as well)
    This is going to be okay. Please keep telling me that.
    We got your back. Please keep doing that. I need it. I don't like it when he looks miserable. This is different than last time. Last time, if his numbers were high, it didn't seem to bother him. Most days, his behavior had no relation (usually) to what his numbers were. He could be 200-300 and he looked like a happy camper. Right now, it's not that way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.