? 3/21/18 ,7th day on Lantus, should I change her dose?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Betchadeb, Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Good Morning, this is Skylar's 7th day on Lantus and I think she is doing really well. I was wondering if I should increase her dose by 1/2 a unit for tomorrow AM dose?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
    Reason for edit: I made a mistake in my wording.
  2. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

It looks like you're off to a good start, but honestly, if anything I would increase her dose by .25U since you are only seeing mid-blue nadirs. Great job with the testing!

Betchadeb likes this.
  3. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Is it hard to dose by .25 units? We've never done this and I'm concerned about getting it correctly dosed. I will practice drawing it up with one of her old syringes and water.

4. Amy&TrixieCat

.25U adjustments takes a little practice, but are very doable. Do you have syringes with half-unit markings? They make .25U dosing much easier. The main thing you want is to be consistent. Some folks set up a syringe with water and food coloring to use as a guide.

I see you are following SLGS. Have you read the stickies at the top of the forum? Both the SLGS and TR stickies are packed with tons of great info about when and how to adjust dose. For the most part, we do adjustments in .25U increments here for a couple reasons: because it's the best way to find the ideal dose; and for safety.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there! I agree with Amy that you should increase her dose by .25 of a unit. Below is a pictorial guide for you to see what it looks like. I practiced with water also and using a sample syringe filled with colored water or even coffee is helpful.

upload_2018-3-21_11-7-39.png

Amy&TrixieCat likes this.
  6. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I do have the 1/2 unit markings. I will definetly practice with colored water. I have read all the stickies but I just wanted a yes or no to confirm what I was thinking. I will increase her dose by .25 units tomorrow morning unless something funny happens today. Thanks for your help.

7. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Thanks for the photo, I am a visual person and this truly helps...

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions!

Betchadeb likes this.
  9. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I meant to say increase, I realized I made a mistake after I read the responses. Oops..

10. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Thank you, you all are amazingā¤

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.