3/21 Rusty AMPS 204, +5.5 131, +9 162, PMPS 259; back up to 0.25U, +4.5 84

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA), Mar 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Good Morning L&LL,

Rusty was supposed to go to the vet today for his B-12 shot and to be checked out. But the appointment has been postponed until tomorrow afternoon, owing to schedule conflict. Just as well, since Edward is now coming down with my cold (I'm feeling a lot better and my nose has finally stopped running).

Rusty had a good night sleeping, but didn't eat much of his bedtime food. This morning he has only picked at his breakfast. His nose is really congested. I'm going to ask the vet about another shot of Depo Medrol (steroid). The previous shot was on 8 January. It really helped, but only for 3 days. Maybe this time, since he is not also on antibiotics, it will get it's normal duration (4-5 weeks, I was told).

Wishing everyone a fine day. In NYC the Nor'easter is supposed to be the worst spring snowstorm in the city's history(!). Stay safe, everyone in the city area! My favorite NYC blizzard was the one of 27 Dec. 1947. My father and brother had to shovel the snow off our flat porch roof, and that created a great hill for sleigh riding all the way down into the end of our back yard (we lived in Queens). My friends and I had a ball!

2. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

Well, then it’s best you stay home with Rusty and get some rest too! You can keep the snow, we had enough of it here (Canada side of Buffalo) and still snow all around.

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

What Shawna said! Please keep the snow on your side of the border!:p
    Sending some appy vines to Rusty!

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

No new snow up here in the Adirondacks of northern NY State, but it is still very cold for this time of year. But we were in NYC last week, when the previous Nor'easter fizzled. Apparently this one will not fizzle.

Edward got Rusty to eat most of his breakfast.

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Hope the shot has a better duration for Rusty this time. :bighug:

Still snowing here, but nothing really sticking thus far. :(

6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I hope Rusty's breathing gets better as the day goes on. Sending prayers for Edward's cold.

7. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

We're hearing that this is the storm of all storms!
    YAY for Rusty eating!

8. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

Nope, this one isn't fizzling...you know my thoughts on that!

Anti-congestion vines for Rusty; anti-cold vines for Edward!!

9. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

Vines for all. Sorry you're getting the cold and not some snow!
    Liz

10. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

I decided to take Rusty's dose back up to 0.25 Units right away. I think that even the tiny reduction was too little insulin.
    Rusty had a good afternoon watching out the window from his perch over the radiator. I think he senses Spring, even though we have 2 feet of snow on the ground!

11. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

That does sound like fun! So far, it's not so bad all here in the NYC area

12. Shawna & Davidson (GA)

Shawna & Davidson (GA) Well-Known Member

As you know, we need to do what works and hope Rusty adjusts well. 2' - keep it, we didn't get any this time and my fish are up and swimming in the pond, little do they know it's still 0C or 32F out there during the day and too cold to get active. We still have snow banks everywhere and this crap isn't melting............hopefully you guys won't have flooding once it warms up. Such a crazy year all over, snow in the UK and Ireland had 3' last week, nuts!!

Good luck with the new dose

13. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Well Rusty sure knows what to do with the dosecreas :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.