? 3/22 Jubalee PMPS 60, 44/+2, 37/+2.25, 50/+2.5 (need advice...check out earlier numbers!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Kadie (Juba's Mom), Mar 22, 2019.

1. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Kadie (Juba's Mom) Member

Good evening everyone,

Jubalee finally earned a decrease after an eventful day...
    (check her SS to see what she was up to later this afternoon)
    It took me about an hour to get her back up to above 50, which hasn't really happened.
    (Most of the time I can easily get her back into good green numbers with just a little bit of honey.)

I swear this girl is giving me all the grey hairs!

I'm not sure what to do about her evening numbers so far...
    Her PMPS was 60, so I felt it was ok to decrease her dose from .75u to .50u since she went below 40 today.
    But now at +2 she is 44, so I gave her about a teaspoon of her regular food and a drop of honey and will retest in about 20 minutes.

Should I be concerned if she goes lower???

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

You do want to get her back up so do what you need to do and don't worry about "over-doing" it.

She doesn't have anything else to prove.....she earned the reduction today so I'd carb her up or you may have a very long night (and you may anyway)

3. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Thank you for the quick reply Chris!!

All I have on hand is good ole honey. Do you think that should suffice, or should I run out and grab some gravy lovers??

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Well the problem with honey is that it wears off so quickly but I'm not sure I'd leave her until you're darn sure she's up and going to stay up (don't know how long you'd be gone)

5. Kadie (Juba's Mom)

Alrighty, woke up the husband to check on Juba while I went and grabbed some Gravy Lovers from the store.
    Luckily the store is only 7 minutes away.
    While I was gone my hubby tested Juba and she was 50. I will retest in about half an hour to make sure she is stable. And then probably once per hour as long as she keeps going up (or remains stable too.)

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  6. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kadie,
    Idea...this is what I did too....keep a few cans of gravy lovers handy and some medium carb canned food too. I had used the friskies shredded in sauce for medium carb. The sheba cuts isb13 carb and it worked well to bring up bg when needed but ECID.
    Your in great hands with Chris.
    She taught me a ton too.

7. Darnell & Sprocket (GA)

Darnell & Sprocket (GA) Well-Known Member

wow. just saw your spreadsheet. You have been doing this dance since 2015 so you probably know more than me...lol.
    You got this.
    Hugs