3/23: Cosmo (oldtimer update)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cyn and Cosmo, Mar 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

I know it's not Caturday, but I haz updates.

I took Cos into the ER vet last last Saturday (about 10 days ago) b/c of this:
    [​IMG]

I noticed it on Friday, and it got much bigger by Saturday, so off to the ER we went. ER vet aspirated and said it wasn't an abscess, but also not cancerous. Gave 10 days of ABs, plus warm compresses 3 x per day.

Dr B saw we had been in and asked us to come in for follow up after finishing ABs. That was today. He aspirated again, and is sending that sample to cytology. He says Cos' belly feels better (less fluid). WE took x ray, and the thing is not attached to the bone. Now we wait for the culture and sensitivity to come back from the aspirate to see if he needs more ABs, and also for cytology report.

Dr P came in to check on Cos too.

Squeem3- Dr B asked about you... he asked if I still kept in touch with "Merlin's mom."

And when I was saying that Cosmo was a good case for why everyone should get pet insurance, he said "he is the poster child for pet insurance!" When Dr B aspirated, he asked me to help and said "Mom, you come over here and hold this paw, when I say go, you scratch his head really hard"

I love that he refers to us as Moms.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

If it's not cancerous and not an abcess, what is it? I'm curious because Erica/Moses has a huge cyst (of some type) under his arm and our vet says it's not cancerous and not an abcess...

I hope he's feeling well. It's good to see the pirate-boy.

3. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

that sounds like my favorite local vet tech's method for drawing Lucy's blood (Lucy doesn't give up her blood very easily). The other tech holds her down and I stand behind her and rub Lucy's chin so she forgets that they are doing mean things to her back there.

Hoping for good results from the paw thingy.

4. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Aw, hope the paw thingy is nothing and goes away quick! Luvs to see our pirate boy!

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I hope the paw thing clears up soon. It would be nice to know what it is vs what it isn't

6. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

He is feeling great. Feisty. Just stole a bit of honey smoked turkey off my plate and had himself a little snacky.

Heather- I'll let you know what the cytology and C&S report say when they get back. It's not painful (Dr B poked, prodded, and squeezed it a lot while I sat there worried that he was going to POP it).

Seems all the diagnostics have come back negative for whatever (cancer, infection etc) which is great, but also frustrating. Still, I'm just grateful it's not coming back positive for cancer.

thanks for all the good thoughts and well wishes.

7. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Poor lil pirate, hope you can get the thingy under control. Sounds like you have great vets, Mom.

8. Judith and Thomas

Judith and Thomas Member

Sorry to hear about Cosmo's paw thingy. I hope you get some more definitive answers eventually re. what the thingy is.

The WCR sounds great! Along with being a poster child for pet health insurance (do you have it?), he is such a poster child for a cat not matching his health records, too. :D

9. Cyn and Cosmo

Cyn and Cosmo Member

When I looked into pet insurance back in 1999, it wasn't very good (bad coverage and expensive). Now, they are both too old to get coverage. I tell anyone and everyone to get it though. I don't begrudge spending the $$ on them, but I wish it wasn't a consideration AT ALL.

I can't ask for more. He's happy, I'm happy. Yes, we're enmeshed like that.

10. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Cyn, so glad this is nothing to worry about & glad to hear from you!!
    That sweet Cosmo, such a good boy! Hope a good report will follow--HUGS~!

11. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

I can't ask for more. He's happy, I'm happy. Yes, we're enmeshed like that.

that's makes us happy too :D

hope the paw thingy clears up soon !

12. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

which insurance do you have? or did you look at that you think is a good one. I've looked into as well and sadly, once a pet is diagnosed with something before insurance, the insurance won't cover.

Would love to compare costs and see if it makes sense.

And hope they figure out what that thing is.

13. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I love that Cosmo has such a good team. I heart him very much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.