3/23 Honey AMPS 346, +3.5 319, +6 160, +8.5 213, PMPS 316, +2 391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julie and Honey, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-334-6-181-8-5-236-pmps-295-2-5-286.212253/

Curve question -

I remember someone mentioned only AMPS and PMPS need 2 hour fast and not tests throughout the day? I think they were referring to a regular day with additional spot tests. But with a curve not sure how fasting works?

So if doing a 12 hour curve, at every 2 hours, I don’t understand how feeding the cat in between curve tests is not going to skew the readings? Don’t understand the point of doing a curve if the cat is eating in between each test? How can any of the curve info be accurate? Do not want to waste time, money and the cats ears for inaccurate data...

Thanks

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Just feed as you normally do. The curve will show how the body/food will react in regards to the insulin. Insulin when at right dose should keep glucose within normal levels regardless of food intake.

Reason for no food 2 hrs prior is that you do not want the test influence because you will be giving insulin. You don't want to give it on a food carb spike.

Hope it makes sense. Maybe someone can give you more technical info.

Julie and Honey likes this.
  3. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yeah, just feed at your regular times. When I did a curve day, I tried to line up my test times with Bubba's mini meals so my test were about 3 hours after a meal.

Since she gave you that nice blue yesterday, she is in bounce mode today. Could you do the curve tomorrow or the next day instead. During a bounce cycle, you aren't getting the real picture of what the dose is doing.

4. Julie and Honey

Thought I was supposed to do curve Sunday, but that is actually day 7, so maybe Monday is better for curve and give her an extra day to get bouncing hopefully better controlled?

5. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

That's what I would do. That way, you will get a better understanding of what the dose is doing for her and you would be saving her little ears today. If you see by tomorrow that she is clearing the bounce, then you could do the curve then, if not, do it on Monday.

Julie and Honey likes this.
  6. Julie and Honey

Thanks, also for today better to get +4 or +6? Seems usually hangs in close numbers in middle of day, but not sure that will be case if bouncing..

7. Julie and Honey

Makes sense, thx:)