3/23 Yoyo AMPS 127,+1 195,+2 169,PMPS 265,+2 157,+4.5 65,+5 98,+5.5 66,+6 70,+6.5 93,+7 108,+8 97

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Debra and Yoyo, Mar 23, 2019.

1. Debra and Yoyo

Debra and Yoyo Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
    Sonia & Leo likes this.
  2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Great start for Yoyo. I hope you see some green today. You may want to get a +1 if you can to see what he's doing.

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Look at you Yoyo, very nice start

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  4. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for the good advice about the +1. So far his numbers are good and he hasn't had any big drops.

I hope all the kitties continue to drop safely:cool::D:cool::D:cat::cat:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nice surfing so far. :cool::cool::cool:

Debra and Yoyo likes this.
  6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Howdy there!

Sorry I missed you all yesterday but I had to make a quick trip out of town.

Boy has he been looking nice on that human meter!!!!

Recall the TR protocol was developed using a human meter and looking at that SS of his, he’s doing better at this dose. For those using a pet meter, we tell them to use the same parameters for increasing the dose as we use for human meters. The only difference is the reduction point of 68 instead of 50.

You can see that looking at the AT SS, the deduction would be that he needs more insulin. Looking at the human meter SS, he’s doing fine right where he is for what I believe your comfort zone is. For me, because I tended to push for lower nadirs, after 10-12 cycles, if the BG wasn’t a little more green and a little less blue, I’d increase the dose again.

He’s only on the 8th cycle tonight so we should let this dose continue to show us what it can do. But note the differences on the meters and, if his nadirs don’t come a little lower or he doesn’t have longer strings of green after 10-12 cycles, I’m going to nudge you a little on increasing the dose.;)

Gauntlet tossed out YoYo! You know what you need to do.

:bighug::bighug:

7. Debra and Yoyo

Thank you for checking in on us....we greatly appreciate it!!!
    I am so glad that I started the Human Meter, it took sometime, but I am finally getting used to the human meter and now I find it friendly. Before it was so different compared to the pet meter readings. With a little time, I do come around:)
    I will follow your advice and give this dose some more time before any changes are done.
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend.
    :bighug:

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  8. Marje and Gracie

You’re doing great! I respect your need to be comfortable with changes so we make a great Team!

Enjoy your Sunday. I’ll try to check in tomorrow.

9. Debra and Yoyo

I hope it's not too late in the evening but I wanted you to know that he just went down to 44 on the human meter and 65 on the Pet meter. I will reduce his dose to 1.25 units tomorrow morning. Please let me know if I am correct in saying this.
    Also, I just fed him his LC food and will recheck him in 20-30 minutes. If need be, I will give him MC food and watch him closely.

10. Marje and Gracie

Yes....please reduce his dose tomorrow morning. Guess he took me seriously. I’m glad you brought out the MC. I hope that after +6.5, he’s leveling off for you.

Great job controlling it and getting him up. I hope you are doing ok.

Congrats on the reduction and let’s hope he continues to do well.