3/25 Eeyore PMPS=437 +2=311 vid link last post +3.5=236

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    AMPS=402. Evo out for breakfast, shot 1.75U.
    +4=387.
    +7=404
    +9=427. Anyone want to explain what's going on??
    +11=447
    PMPS=437
    +2=311. Well, it's not the insulin...
    +3.5=236. Nope, not the insulin. Wellness Chicken out...
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10064

Morning, LL...

Bless his heart, he's still got a voracious appetite. Since he's come home, I'm using 4 big cans of Evo or Wellness a day, and he'd eat more if it were out. That's double what I had been doing, but that's all right; when his sugars get more controlled, the appetite will lessen. He is continuing to fit into the household - he was playwrestling with Malachi this morning, and it was too funny to see...Mal is hard to resist...and it's just good to see them playing together.

Eeyore is a dear one. Just a dear one. WCR is the usual, still showing some clinical signs of FD, but ever so slightly lessening...he's only been here 12 days, and I'm thinking things are starting to change in his body; like I said yesterday, his coat is so improved...it's no longer rough. It's not silky, but it's also not rough...kinda medium. His willingness to be poked and shot are improving...not nearly as squirmy as he was at first. Has a way to go, but still, improvement is being made.

YAY Eeyore!

Best-
    Michele

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 3/35 Eeyore AMPS=402

What an encouraging report! Eeyore has been there 12 days already?! Time does fly. I'm glad to hear he is settling in and getting on with the pack.

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Yay Eeyore indeed! Keep up the good work Eeyore! Keep on enjoying your new life and your new family. You deserve it all!

Ella & Stu

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

What a good boy! A hungry boy, too!! It's great to hear that everyone is acclimating.

5. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/35 Eeyore AMPS=402 +4=387

Everyone is indeed acclimating, and while I'm really tempted to start restricting food...he still hasn't put on weight, and he still acts hungry (although he has, just once, looked at me and said "really? this? Anything else??" which is very encouraging. Being a bit choosy to me means that he's getting over the "starvin' Marvin" moments we've had...I'm sure they're still there, but I'm glad he's starting to decide he likes one flavor over another, and not just eating anything he can get his face into.

I am going to set my alarm and do a bit of overnight testing. I'm not terribly thrilled with these numbers, and I think I need to see what's happening overnight. Since this is spring break, I can do this...so tonight, I'll do a mini-curve, and see if I can't catch him bottoming out. He's definitely not going down so far during the day...but there are an additional 8-10 hours that I don't really know what's up with.

So...we will do that tonight.

Best-
    Michele

6. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

Definitely noticed this behavior in any stray cats we've adopted.... they go from eating ANYthing to being surprisingly selective once they've come into the fold. Somehow they know there's a smorgasbord available to them now, so why settle? :roll:

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

What a great report for Eeyore. When you write about him and how he is doing, it always makes me smile. I hope he will start to get some good responses to his insulin soon.
    He sure fell into some loving hands at your home. [​IMG]

8. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/35 Eeyore AMPS=402 +4=387 +7=404 +9=427 +11=447 EYES PLS..

I really don't understand what's going on here...can someone give me some hints or ideas?

Best-
    Michele

9. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Looks to me like he needs more insulin. He has not reached his most effective dose yet.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm with CD. You could raise his dose tonight by 0.25u if you really want to. Since you were wanting to do a curve, though, you might want to wait or hold off on the curve if you raise the dose.

11. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

So happy he is adjusting and doing so well Michele...his coat sounds like it's improving. So great to hear!
    He will do better when he reaches his best dose. It just takes time, right? Sienne has a good point about waiting till the time is good for you...

12. Darwin's Mom

Darwin's Mom New Member

Maybe the extra food is finally getting processed like it should be ... and is effecting the numbers.
    With numbers this high doesn't protocol say you can increase .5U?
    Darwin will ALWAYS eat all the food I put down, even when he was the only cat. He will eat till he pukes if I let him.
    He gets a certain amount of food a day, every day and his weight is fine. Some cats are just like that.
    Hopefully Eeyore's appetite will settle down once his numbers come down.
    Patricia

13. Michele and Esse

If it were only Eeyore it was happening to, I'd not really question it. But Esse stayed at, or darned near, her AMPS all day...which is not typical of her.

So I'm thinking maybe the vial of Lantus is bad? Not quite sure.

And I was going to curve tonight, and may still, but I need to be at the barn at 8 am (I thought I'd have the morning to get some sleep, but my trainer wants to do an early morning jump session...), so may not do it after all. If not tonight, though, definitely tomorrow night.

I just wonder...

Best-
    Michele

14. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I agree with the others, looks like dosecrease time to me.

15. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/35 Eeyore AMPS=402 +9=427 +11=447 PMPS=437 +2=311

He's PMPS+2=311...stable cycle = active next cycle.

Let's see what's happening overnight. I will set my alarm for a 2 am poke; hopefully, I'll hear it and remember why I set it...

Best-
    Michele

16. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/25 Eeyore PMPS=437 +2=311 vid link last post

Vid link:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10242

The post is in community...please ignore all undesireable aspects of the videos...and I hope you enjoy!!

Best-
    Michele

17. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.. buncha cuties in that house..

Eeyore sure does seem to like his new mommy :).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.