3/25 Esse AMPS=242 +9=257 +11=256 PMPS=212 +2=171 +3.5=105

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest
    AMPS=242. Evo out for breakfast, shot 2.25U.
    +4=245
    +7=245
    +9=257. And I have NO idea what's going on...
    +11=256.
    PMPS=212 Evo out...shot 2.25. Will see what happens...
    +2=171
    +3.5=105. Wellness Chicken out...
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10067

Morning, LL...

Esse continues to have oddly high AMPS. I'm beginning to think that food is not available when she needs it, because Eeyore eats everything in sight. Not sure how to address that, as Eeyore needs to eat, and so does Esse...and sometimes, I'm not around to put it down so I leave it out. I will cogitate upon it, and see if I can't arrive at a reasonable solution.

On the other hand, Esse continues to show no clinical signs of diabetes...she's really doing so well, I can't be happier. She's also just her sweet self, and crawled into bed with me last night for a long, comforting snuggle.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Best-
    Michele

2. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Esse AMPS=242

That's one of the toughest questions, how to get food evenly distributed. We have actually cut a small hole in the bottom of a closet door so only the cats can fit in and the dog can't. Don't know how Esse and Eeyore compare in size or if something like that would help.

3. Michele and Esse

Esse weighs in at 16 pounds, Eeyore is weighing about 9 at the moment....so she's quite a bit bigger than he is (but that's a great idea...). She tends to eat later in the cycle than Eeyore (he eats all the time), and that leaves very little for her (if any). I will try to figure it out, but I'm thinking that's why she's having higher numbers at AMPS...because she's not getting that late cycle snack.

And, because this is spring break, I'm actually sleeping until about 5 am, so...too close to shot-time. When I get back to school (next Monday), I'll be getting up at 3:30ish, just in time to lay down a snackus...so we will see.

Best-
    Michele

4. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

I have different problem with feeding!
    Jake would eat everything he can get his mouth on.
    I put my civie's food on higher place(chest freezer) and jake can't jump on. She likes to munch during the day....
    I'm doing it since he become diabetic. maya (civie) is 9lb and Jake 19.0 lb...ouch

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't think Esse's numbers are markedly higher on a consistent basis at AMPS. I also think you need to figure in dawn phenomenon. I suspect that some of the elevated numbers are the normal response to increased cortisol levels in the AM hours. AMPS is usually the last set of numbers to fall into place for many kitties.

6. Michele and Esse

I have considered dawn phenom, but...she's still sitting there at mid 240s now, at +4. And one of the ways to deal with DP is to snack before bed (in humans), so...it still goes to the food issue.

In any case, I'm going to do a mini-curve starting midnight tonight with both Eeyore and Esse...something's happening, and I'd like to figure it out. Since it's spring break time, I can...so I will. LOL, I can always do more studying, right?

Best-
    Michele

7. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/25 Esse AMPS=242 +4=245 +7=245 +9=257 +11=256 EYES Pls...

I'm really concerned as to what's going on here...between her and Eeyore both rising and/or staying level, this has been a very strange day...no changes in food, life is good...

Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on here? 'Cause I sure don't...

Best-
    Michele

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Flat yellow cycle -- you may need to buckle your seatbelt!

9. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I totally agree. That's about as flat as it gets.

10. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

It sure is a flat yellow cycle...could be a WEEEEEE cycle soon....
    Hang in there Michele...you are all doing great!

11. Amy and Six

Amy and Six Well-Known Member

I guess everyone's saying...you better not have any plans soon! :lol:

12. Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA

Lydia--(Rosie & Basil) GA Well-Known Member

Whatever makes you think you're allowed to have plan? Are you a cat? No. 'Nuff said.

13. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

LOL, well I have to agree, get some pokus in tonight if you can. Hopefully this will be a fun cycle!

I knowyou have trouble with sleep tests, but I think there is green happening while you sleep. She went from pink to green on 3/20, so it's reasonable to think that she could get to green from blue or yellow.

14. Michele and Esse

Re: 3/25 Esse AMPS=242 +9=257 +11=256 PMPS=212 +2=171

Lib, she's gone from mid-400s to 40s before...nothing is impossible with the Essecat.

ROFL. Nope, no plans...will set the alarm and get at least a 2 am poke (if I hear it, remember why I set it, and am able to leave my warm snuggly bed...)...

She probably is getting green at night...

It doesn't get much flatter, does it? I mean, really. 14 points in 10 hours...yeah, that's flat. Pancake flat. No...crepe flat. Which scares me...LOL.

Why? 'Cause both kitties had "flat" days...they're ganging up on me, I know they are. They've put their paws together, and are plotting. You all have one cat...yes, they call each other and read each others' posts. I have the plotters IN MY HOUSE....TOGETHER! They don't need the computer or the telephone. What was I thinking? I'm a sucker...just a sucker. I invited a conspirator for Esse into my house - and what's worse? I'm feeding him! LOL. I know their fighting is just play-acting, trying to fool the hooman...and it worked, until the details of their conspired plan showed...FLAT CYCLES ON THE SAME DAY!

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! LOL. There, I feel better. ROFL.

Best-
    Michele

15. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Did I read that sleeping until 5 a.m. is considered sleeping in?? I guess your kitty babies do your sleeping for you. They are so good at it!

Hope you figure out what's going on soon. And that you get a nap shortly after that. :mrgreen:

16. Michele and Esse

Kathy, yes...during the school week, I'm up at 3:30-4 am, so 5 am is sleeping in for me...someday, I'll work evening shift, and have some semblance of life...but until then, yeah, 5 am is a treat!

Best-
    Michele

17. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Drink a TON of water before bed and don't go to the washroom before bed.. by the time that alarm goes off, you'll have to go so bad you'll get up and have time to figure out what's going on.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.