3/25 Morris AMPS 477; +4.5 502; +9 455; PMPS 518; +1.5 436

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Gwen and Morris, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

yesterday: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10094

Why has his AMPS been rising the past 3 days?? I was hoping that with the recent dosecrease, he would at least be showing some consistency or declining numbers by now. This morning, I gave him dose #8 at the higher dose. I guess I will have to attempt getting up in the middle of the night again this weekend in hopes of trying to figure out what is going on with him. I am also receptive to any thoughts/suggestions/advice anyone here might have!

WCR: Very happy, healthy looking kitty! All P's in place & working just fine. If it weren't for these darn numbers, I would be very pleased with how he is doing these days.

2. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25 Morris AMPS 477!!!

Glad that Morris is feeling good.
    I hope the 'right' dose can be found for him soon.
    To me, it does look like he isn't getting enough insulin yet. I don't see evidence that he is going low and bouncing up for every pre-shot. Just my two cents.

As you said, getting more mid-cycle tests is always a good thing to help figure it out.

I hope some others can look here too.

3. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/25 Morris AMPS 477; +4.5 502; +9 455

I had to run home for a moment today, so I was able to sneak in a +4.5 check.

I think the same. Just worried about increasing him up too quickly.

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/25 Morris AMPS 477; +4.5 502; +9 455

will you be able to do any spot checking this weekend? Morris is a bouncy cat and the last few increases were done without a ton of spot checks. If you look at his numbers on 1.75, every yellow preshot was followed by a black one. Either he has gone back to bouncing from yellow (which means he needs more juice), or there is something else going on that we're not seeing.

5. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

Re: 3/25 Morris AMPS 477; +4.5 502; +9 455; PMPS 518

Yes. I will be in & out all weekend and will be able to do more checks on him. Plus, next weekend, I will be off work for the 4 day Easter weekend!

Now that we have reached black again today, I think this may be happening.

What do you recommend? Should I go ahead & increase him again now, or should I wait until I am able to get more checks done over the weekend before deciding about a dosecrease?

6. Gwen and Morris

Gwen and Morris Member

This is encouraging! This is the first time since the dosecrease that his before bed check has been lower than his PMPS was!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.