3/25/ SCRABBLE PMPS 100 +2.5 72 +5 52

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michelle & Scrabble (GA), Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Yesterday's condo
    posting.php?mode=reply&f=9&t=10048
    Morning!! Well we earned another reduction last night by going to 31! Gosh that was scary since I wasn't home, DH was here thank GoD!!! So is 78 ok to shoot after yesterday? I am home today so I can monitor, obviously I am shooting a .75 now but just a little worried after last's nights episode and low amps!!!

2. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Miriam and Putty (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25/10 SCRABBLE AMPS 78 DOSE QUESTION?

As long as you are home to monitor Michelle I think he will be ok. A lot of drama for DH last night.

3. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

((((MIRIAM)))) So glad you are here! Can you believe last night????? I almost had a heartattack when DH called and said he was 31!!!!! Well another earned reduction which is great and another heart attack averted for me!! My work thinks I am a psycho lately I will tell you, because I am always freaking about my cat!!! Is that normal for him to food spike so much last night??

4. Miriam and Putty (GA)

I don't think his food spike was from the HC probably from the maple syrup.

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Yeah that is what I thought, was that ok to give him?, I was just so scared he was going to go down more because 31 is very low right? and I was at work! just want to know what to do when it happens again!

6. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh I'd have freaked out too! Scrabble, no more scaring your mama while she's at work, that is not nice! But what a day you had yesterday =) I think our boys were conspiring lol. It'd be nice if they'd give us a break today! Do you hear that Tugger and Scrabble? There's extra special yummy nummy treats in it for you if you're good boys! (Think they'll fall for it?)

7. Miriam and Putty (GA)

It is very scary the first time you see a number that low. I was so scared the first time Putty was in the 70's. Now he goes into the 20's every now and then. I don't like it because that is way too low but I know what to do and I am comfortable knowing that HC gravy will bring him up.
    If if happens again you only feed a little gravy and retest in 15 minutes. I would keep giving gravy until the number is well into the 40's or higher. If still in the 40's I would mix a little HC gravy with a little lc food. It also depends on where you are in the cycle. You don't want to feed too much in case you have to feed throughout the cycle.....you don't want Scrabble to get too full.

It looks like DH did a great job.

8. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 DOSE reduction!

I think that Tugger and Scrabble have been conspiring lately!!! Wish he wouldn't keep doing this to me while I am work!(peeps at work think I am nuts!) Thanks for the info Miriam, I was not sure what to tell DH because he is not that great at testing yet (that was his second time!) so I wanted to make sure Scrabble went up quick! Well this is all definetly a learning curve! Is this nomal for a cat to be climbing down the dosing ladder so quick? (I know, I know ECID!!)

9. Miriam and Putty (GA)

Newly diagnosed cats on Lantus can go down the dosing scale very quickly. Some have only been here 2 weeks...... a few shots of insulin and they are OTJ. Sometimes all it takes is a little insulin to get the pancreas to work on it's own.

I will be away for my computer for about an hour. I will check back after that. You know the drill.

10. Marvie and Tugger

I'm not sure if we need to keep these two apart or if we should put them together lol. Tugger's trying to move down pretty fast too.

I'd have done the same thing you did last night with hubby. Better safe than sorry. I panicked when Tugger hit 58 so don't feel bad ;)

11. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Yeah I used to panic @ 58!! Now that seems high compared to 31! Ha! Just so happy Scrabble is doing so well! Thanks Miriam for your great insight as always!!!!

12. Marvie and Tugger

After the past week of spending time here and learning a bit, I feel prepared to handle it if he drops low (40's has been his lowest so far) but I know I'd stress it if I wasn't home to handle it myself. I'd worry that hubby wouldn't notice signs that I would notice because he isn't as observant about body language, or that he'd get wrapped up killing things on the computer and forget to test so I'd be calling him every 15 minutes lol.

Would it help you feel better about times like last night if you print up some instructions for hubby and post them in the kitchen? Step by step if he hits *this* number do *this, this, then this* kind of thing? That way if for some reason he can't get ahold of you or if you are distracted with work stuff, you don't have to think too much. That's why I wrote the carb % on the can tops, so I wouldn't have to think when I'm panicked about low numbers and so the guys will know what to feed if I'm not here to do it. Just a thought =)

13. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol:

14. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+1 98, yay means I can go btb for a couple of hours! D is laughing at me LOL! Just want to say hi to you D I don't think we have officially met!

15. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +1 98

Well, it was cute and funny.
    Nice to meet you too.

16. Marvie and Tugger

Yay Scrabble! Let your mom sleep a bit today, you both deserve a rest!

17. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

:lol: I am laughing too....did you give Scrabble pancakes with that maple syrup too? :lol:
    Good job...and WE understand what you are going through even if those OTHERS at work do not! :lol:
    Gotta admit that we ARE weird, right?
    But we are ALL in the same boat here on the forum....like minded Beans.
    Hope today holds some rest for you!
    Oh...wondering if your DH had anything to say about Scrabble's attitude when he was that low....how did he act? My Shadow looked at the food as if he had NO idea what it was...i had to syringe gravy into his mouth one time...he is better now, but we haven't gone that low. sometimes they act ravenously hungry...other times, not so much.

18. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

HI Michelle. Keeping up with Scrabble is a full-time job! Hope you get some sleep today. 31 is something!!

Ella & Stu

19. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +3 59

+3 59, Scrabble probably would have liked pancakes with the maple syrup, LOL, he loves people food, that has been really hard since he was diagnosed to not give him any! Funny thing is DH said he was sleeping when he tested him at 31 and said he seemed totally normal. When he gave him food he gobbled it up. Any time Scrabble has gone pretty low he hasn't acted any different. We'll see what today brings. Feeding him now hoping we don't see a repeat of last night!

20. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

After that 31 last....I am looking really hard at Scrabble's SS and you know what I can't find?

Michele...Anyone? Take a guess...

21. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

What??????? Tell me!!!

22. CD and BigMac

Where is the bounce? No bounce! This is a very good sign ya' know! I see a bright future for this kitty.

23. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Thanks, I was like sitting here in anticipation wondering what you were going to say lol! I know I have not seen any as of late (anti-jinx!), I have been so happy with his progress although he gives me a heart attack practically every day lately hahah!

24. CD and BigMac

Yup. Scrabble has really passed his course in liver training... no panic reactions anymore. I love it when kitties lose the bounce... and get reductions and then and then.... you know... more good things can happen. (anti-jinx)

25. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Was just looking at your ss and felt really encouraged, he has been getting an A+ in training school lately! Thanks for your encouragement, it is much appreciated!!!!!! :D

Attached Files:

26. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Michelle
    Great to see Scrabble is at it again.
    He is pulling a "Mad Max" on you.

He is running down that dosing ladder.
    I agree wih Marvie's suggesions about keeping a list of rules for DH when
    you are not around. Not that there is a guarantee that they will be followed but it will
    give you some piece of mind.
    I have one that is always left on the kitchen counter.
    Hope you get some sleep today, or you will just get ued to being sleepless.

27. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Holy cow, look at those beautiful numbers! Michelle, I'm so darn happy for you and Scrabble. :smile:
    I'da been on the floor in a dead faint, if I'd seen a 31. Okay, I'da fainted after squeezing the syrup botte in Check's mouth. WHEW!
    Hope you get some good sleep today. You deserve it. :smile:

28. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

+4 65 prob a food spike, fed him at +3, yes I did nearly faint Barb!!!! Just wish I had been home but thank God DH was there, although he has no experience with it, hahaha but we got through it!!!

29. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +3 59 +4 65 +5.5 62

+5.5 62 nice surfin Scrabble, why can't he do this at night when I am not home???

30. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +3 59 +4 65 +5.5 62

Because if he did this when you are at work, you wouldn't think about him nearly as much. You should try explaining to him that he never leaves your mind and that negative attention is not anywhere near as nice as positive attention ;)

31. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +7 65

LOL @ Marvie, yeah I know huh? +7 65 still surfing, I love it, we are going to go curl up and take a nap together, it is grey outside, perfect weather for a nap! :)

32. Marvie and Tugger

Enjoy! I'm considering a wee nap myself. I've gotten a lot done today and deserve a break I think ;-)

33. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

(Being very very quiet, so as not to wake Michelle and Scrabble)

WooHoo!! Good boy, Scrabble....going surfing....weeeeeeee!!!

34. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Hope you are getting some rest now, Michelle! What a wild night it was. Scrabble is looking great today, though, and as mentioned, no bounce. Woohoo!! :RAHCAT

35. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE AMPS 78 +11 102

+11 102 nice nap we had!!! Now hoping for a not crazy night again as I have to work! but DH will be home, I will be able to get a +3 before leaving so I will be able to see if DH needs to test!

36. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey Michelle,

Hi back to you from me and Maggie. I've been following Scrabble's progress, and I am so impressed and excited for you and Scrabble. He is doing so well and just surfing along. I've been taking care of my neighbor's kitty. He did a vomit on the carpet early this morning, and I didn't see it, and guess who stepped in it. I had a cleanup jobbie there! Hang in there Scrabble.

37. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

standing ovation for everyone in this condo. :mrgreen: Great job Michelle's DH last night, great job Scrabble for not bouncing, great job Michelle for *everything* that you do for Mr. Scrabble, and great job to everybody else for being supportive and giving good advice. Did that cover it all? :mrgreen:

I'm very happy with what seems to be going on here.

38. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Thanks so much Libby!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Ann!!! That makes me feel soooo good!!!!! PMPS 100, I probably shouldn't say anything in case Scrabble is listening but no drama tonight Scrabble, I need a stress free night at work LOL!!!!

39. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE PMPS 100

Libby, I believe you forgot the Academy... :lol:

40. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Re: 3/25/ SCRABBLE PMPS 100 +2.5 72

+2.5 72 off to tbp!!! Hopefully no repeats of last night!!!!!

41. Marvie and Tugger

Mojo to Scrabble for an easy night!

42. Kathy and Kitty

Kathy and Kitty Well-Known Member

Michelle, I feel for your! Kitty gave me a 31 once. I fed him, then got my purse and prepared to take him to the emergency vet...except that he was fine. Quite a shock, isn't it?

Scrabble is putting you through it, but I think the results will be VERY good!! :mrgreen:

43. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Dh called & he is 52 @ +5, I feel ok with that, just told him to feed him & he should be fine! Dh is getting good at this lol!

44. jan and Hep and sara (GA)

jan and Hep and sara (GA) Well-Known Member

Great job Michelle! That must have been terrible being at work. It's bad enough being at home when they go low. They think I'm a freak also at work. I wish there were more of us out there. :smile:

jan and sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.