3/26 Donovan AMBG = 89 - BAZOOKA! day 14

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by MJ+Donovan, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJ+Donovan

MJ+Donovan Well-Known Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Noisy's OTJ day was one of the happiest days in my life -- I hope yours is as well.

4. MJ+Donovan

Donny starts to get squirmy when I go overboard with affection. I just love to kiss the top of his shiny head, but if I do it too much he'll get all "Mommmm.... cut it out. I'm a big boy and I don't like kisses." He was purring away in his current favorite sleepy box this morning. I could have sat there and listened to him purr, and kissed his wonderful head, and stared at him all day. But I had to leave :YMSIGH:.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Uh...it's OTJ Day...not Bazooka Day14!!!!!
    You get to comment in the OTJ party condo today....you have had the last of your daily ones MJ...
    only updates now for you and Donny. You will have to leave the Falls to come back and let us know how he is doing...
    Of course, HE is welcome to all parties here. Speaking of parties.... Shadow will be talking to him about the fll_moon Party here on Tuesday. If Donovan is not too busy moving his stuff into his new place, maybe he will come by and give Shadow a PEP talk....and tell him all about the Falls....from a guy's perspective of course! ;-)

6. MJ+Donovan

eh, I don't know WTH I'm doing.... I've seen others posting past day 14.
    Rest assured that Donovan and I will be keeping an eye on everyone here, including Mr. Rainbow Tail Shad-O.

7. MJ+Donovan

I still hesitate to say this for fear of jinxing the Bazooka Party, but I have a SH!Tload of testing strips (for Contour meter - and some expiring very soon) and 2 unopened cartridges of Levemir.

Now what?

8. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

I hope you never have to use the Levemir cartridges again. BUT the testing .... who told you to stop that? Hahaha! (Where's test-a-holic Ronnie when you need her?)

While it is up to you how much you test ... I tested BigMac like this:
    Everyday - several times for a few days after 'officially' OTJ.
    Then twice a day for another 6 weeks or so.
    Then once a day for another 6 weeks.
    Then several times a week.
    Then twice a month.
    Now at least once a month or whenever I felt like it.

That should help you use up your supply of test strips! :lol:

Seriously everyone is different and no one 'told' me to continue the way I did, but I was still surprised he went OTJ so I kept trying to make sure it 'stuck'. I still worry because BigMac was never in the low BG's that many kitties show. He stays at the higher end of normal. It could be my meter... I want to think that, but in reality it probably is just 'his version of normal'.

Kiss that shiny head of Donovan's one more time for me!

9. MJ+Donovan

Ohhhh, believe you me, I'm not gonna stop testing for a while. But the frequency will decrease, and so will my test strip consumption. While I have some that don't expire for some time, I'm pretty sure I have a big pile of February/March strips. Um.... guess I'll just tell Donny that I have to poke him to use them up? :roll:. I'm sure he's still going to be looking for his shark food treat. That is something that probably won't ever go away.

10. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

You got that right!

I have to keep our bar stools pushed under the bar because if I don't, BigMac jumps up on the counter and sits - waiting for his test and treat. At first I thought it was funny and cute, but now, because I don't test very often it is kind of sad to see him waiting. So I try to keep the stools under the bar at all times. (He can't quite jump up 36" to the counter without bouncing off the seat of the stool first.)

I always tested him in the same place on the counter because the lighting was good and I didn't have to bend down to test him. Old habits are hard to break ... apparently it is for kitties too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.