3/26 Emma AMPS 289; +5/73; PMPS 293

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by greytblackdog, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greytblackdog

greytblackdog Member

Hello to everyone in LL! Happy Friday.

Emma was 289 this morning. I'm happy it wasn't pink today! I'm hoping for a repeat of yesterday. She did urinate and defecate in my bathroom floor this morning, a first for her. So I'm just not sure what to do. I think she needs her anxiety meds, but I really think the meds impact her numbers. Really frustrating.

We're also preparing to leave her for the next week at the vet's office. He is a friend of mine from HS so he is going to come in and give her her shots 2x a day as scheduled - 12 hrs apart. I'm incredibly happy about this. I've marked all the syringes with tape so they can see where to draw it to. She doesn't eat well when she is there, so I feel like she needs to be at 1.0 u next week. Any suggestions?

Check back in later!

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/26 Emma AMPS 289

Does he have a link to your spreadsheet? Since he's a vet that might help him get familiar with Emma.

3. greytblackdog

greytblackdog Member

I have her spreadsheet printed out and in her overnight bag. I also have her test kit packed for them to use, vs. pulling it out of her neck and charging me an arm and a leg each time. I didn't think about giving him the link so I can see the numbers she's pulling as well. Good idea.

4. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

My suggestion is... go to the deli in the grocery store and pick up some cookies and/or muffins .. to take to the techs at the vets office.. so Emma gets extra mooshies during her time at the spa :). As for dose, I have no clue..

5. greytblackdog

greytblackdog Member

Great idea on the muffins. I will absolutely do this tomorrow morning on the way to the vet. Fingers crossed everything goes well and we don't have to start all over when she gets home. Have a great weekend guys. I'll check in while I'm away.

6. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I don't know if you saw my post from yesterday. The meds you're using (amitriptyline) can either raise or lower BG. It is a known side effect. These meds, tricyclic antidepressants, are not a first line choice in humans both for the way they interact in diabetics and because they can cause cardiac arrhythmias.

When are you going out of town? I'm trying to get another set of eyes on Emma's SS regarding the dose while she's at the vet's. Will they test more than at AMPS and PMPS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.