3/26 Jake's AMPS - 334 PMPS - 391

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by breayle and jake, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

2. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Hi there Breayle (is it)? I have been away for a while and was checking your last few days threads. Had anyone come along and given you any help recently? Jake looks like such a cutie pie.

Did you get any advice on raising his dose to 1.5U? I apologize that I don't know his history.....is Lantus the first insulin he has been on? I am wondering if the 1.5U is a little too high and making him bounce and getting those reds.

Is he still having runny pooh? Having some sort of infection can also cause BG's to rise.

Tell me whats going on.

3. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

wish i could answer with confidence, but I can bump you up in the cue... just not an expert here.

looks like paige has answered.

good luck - jake is such a cutie!

4. breayle and jake

breayle and jake Member

The vet had me giving him 1 unit once a day... after reading this website I started giving him one unit every 12 hours. For two weeks he was getting the one unit daily, on 3/15/10 I upped it to 1.25 after repeated emails and phone calls to the vet (with no response) I decided to just up it since his numbers weren't going down as much as I would like. On 3/21/10 I took him to 1.5 and that's what he's been on right now. My vet doesn't respond to my emails or my calls... she seems to only be able to call me to tell me that he needs his fructosamine test done soon, and frankly it really ticked me off that she's contacting me to remind me to give her money but doesn't contact me after I've asked twice if I should up his dose.

His poop is not runny but it is soft... at the vet on the 27th of February he didn't have any thing wrong other than the diabetes. Lantus is the first insulin he's been on, he was just diagnosed a month ago... he's an old man (16) and he IS a cutie pie :D

thanks!

breayle and jake

5. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

wow - a non responsive vet would really irritate me, and i can understand your frustration. any thoughts on finding a new one?

a suggestion - if you have a dose question, put that in your subject line - something like "dose question" - it does get the attention of those that are dose experts. i certainly am not one, but it does look like maybe Jake needs a dose change?

good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.