3/26 mocha pmps 243 +3 294

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PeterDevonMocha, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

2. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/26 mocha amps 296

Good Morning Devon. Miss Mocha Jo wasn't hollering and banging on your bedroom door last night to get out? :D What a good girl.
    I hope you see some pretty blue again like last night. :smile:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

A very promising start for Ms. Mocha's day. Some blues would be lovely.

4. joyce-tuscany(GA)

joyce-tuscany(GA) Well-Known Member

I hope the dosecrease works for Mocha. Have a nice weekend - I hope it warms back up here...

5. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/26 mocha amps 296 +4 273

not a lot of movement so far today. I will admit I am a bit disappointed by her numbers after the dental. I knew the dental would not be the be all end all of her diabetes, but I guess secretly I was hoping to see some nicer numbers after it, especially considering how well she was doing before the dental. I hope we start seeing the nicer numbers again.

6. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Re: 3/26 mocha amps 296 +4 273

I'm curious - what does Mocha Jo Latte (I love that she has 3 names) do during the night to keep you up? :lol: How old is she again?

7. PeterDevonMocha

Re: 3/26 mocha pmps 243

well traci .. mocha is a VOCAL meezer .. she loves to hear her voice .. constantly ... rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .. rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ... RARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR .. mocha! ... cricket ... cricket ... cricket .... rarrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... rarrrrrrrrrrrr .... rarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... RARRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Well, you get the point! She is 6.5 .. she'll be 7 in september ...

8. Traci and Boomer

I'm laughing! That's was very cute. She really does that in the middle of the night? OMG. I guess Boomer isn't as vocal. He whines and stuff and acts hysterical at times (tonight!) but it only about his fuds. Once the eating is over he sits quietly. Maybe you need a white noise machine. I've got one (it's actually an ionizer that I use for the noise) and it gets turned on every night because I'm a really light sleeper. How do you sleep with all that racket? :lol:

9. PeterDevonMocha

What the heck is going on with her numbers? I just don't understand what could cause her to be this high when her insulin should be kicking in right now? She had much better numbers before her dental, and that was with her bad teeth!

traci, we have both a radio and two fan fans going in our room all night long. She just gets louder and louder the longer we ignore her. As soon as you yell her name she is up on the bed super excited that you want to play with her. But we don't really want to play, we just want her quiet, and as soon as we fall asleep, the crying starts up again.

It's the worst at night. I think mocha get's confused during the night when she can't hear us or see us very well and she gets lost and confused. Not that our room is big enough for a cat to get lost in by any means, but sometimes during the day we have to play "marco polo" with mocha if that tells you anything.

Yeah, we like the name mocha jo latte too .. we also have twix pixie stix .. of course, mocha is commonly called "roachy" or "chucka" and twix is almost always called "string bean" or "neener" I'm not sure why we give them names considering all the nicknames we have for them.

10. Traci and Boomer

Hi Devon-

I'm sorry you're frustrated with her numbers. The other day Sienne reminded me that there's really not much we can do about their disease; we're just along for the ride. That helped me feel better. We are doing the best we can for them. How about her food? Can you try lower carb varieties? Yesterday night I went out to PetSmart and got a ton of varieties that are really low carb. For example, I fed Boomer a 0 carb turkey and giblets (PetSmart brand) and his number went from 144 to 72 for his +3 test. Maybe you could try some new foods?

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I really wish I could offer you some hugely insightful, erudite, and elegant answer to what's up with Mocha's numbers. But, my only answer is, " I dunno. She's a cat. They do this sometimes 'cause they like messing with us!"

A couple of observations...
    • Mocha had lovely greens the evenings of the 23rd and 24th. She was a little bouncy on the 25th.
    • Prior to the dental and that day, she missed a total of 3 shots.
    • You dropped her dose after the dental.
    • She's not yet at the pre-dental dose where you were getting good action.
    • You weren't sure whether you gave a fur shot yesterday AM.

Today has been a pretty flat yellow day. It could mean there's action in store for tomorrow or that Mocha needs more insulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.