3/26 - Nova - AMPS=153, +5=65, PMPS=99, +1=139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Dawn & Nova, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

yesterday's condo

Nova wasn't terribly interested in waking up this morning.. went and petted her and gave her scratchies..she was in a good mood.. just not a lot of morning people/kitties in this house :).

Gave her a morning "bath" (soak down with water and brush) before her test and shot.. have to get her all gussied up for Donovan's party.. she's pretty happy.. she didn't fuss over her needle.. might have to start doing shots in the bathroom again.. she's looking pretty hot for the party and on the prowl for some handsome boys :).

Her amps.. meh.. what can I say.. I thought I saw something going on last night.. if it was.. it didn't last.. might need to give her a teeny push.. or just accept that it is what it is.. given her current dose and her diet.. with this sputtering.. I'm concerned that there's not a whole lot of functional beta-cells.. and feel pressure to muck with her dose to save what's left, and help heal the rest best I can... but I just can't seem to figure out how to do that..

Hitch is eating pretty well.. no dry kibbies in 24 hours!!.. Jerry.. not so much.. might need to bump up the ultrasound/xray/ekg/blood panel fun to a little sooner.. will make my decision on that, on the weekend.

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/26 - Nova - AMPS=153

How soon they forget! Nova's SS is beautiful! She's surfing in blues and greens which is perfect for pancreas healing. She just earned a decrease 2 days ago. And what would you like to be different?

I love the sleep dancing video! What a character. Gabby is s tortie as well. She's as sweet as can be -- with me. Anyone else, not so much.

3. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

I was wondering that too -- numbers are lovely.
    Oh, I meant to post about the dancing video -- it turned me into mush.

4. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

<<I love the sleep dancing video! What a character.>>
    (I can't figure out how to properly quote something; it never works right for me.)

Where the heck is this video????? I haven't seen it!

UPDATE: I found the video! OMG - I've NEVER in my life seen anything like that. VERY precious! I also read your condo from yesterday. HOLY CRAP! I went from a .25 to a fat zero. I didn't know there was anything in between. I'm tellin' ya - measuring these weird-ass doses isn't easy.

5. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Dawn...hi Nova...Raja & Shadow will be looking for you at the party today...
    they are also having one for the Full Moon on Tuesday...all welcome!
    Hope you have a great Friday! :razz:

6. Dawn & Nova

Well I'd like her pancreas to be on a full vacation.. harder for a sprained wrist to heal when your using it.. I guess I've assumed beta-cells start plugging along at the same point in kitties as they do in people.. given where green ends and blue starts..

I LOVE her numbers..don't get me wrong.. I tell her like 20 times a day how great she's doing and how happy I am.. if we could hang out here for the rest of her life, I'd be very happy.. I'll keep poking her and stabbing her forever if that's what it takes to keep her healthy and cherish every day of it..

I just don't want to miss an opportunity to make things better for her or more importantly prevent them from getting worse.

7. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

So now I'm really confused... your name is DAWN! Hahaha! [​IMG]

I understand your nervousness... but it's too early to worry. She is doing well and is going down the dose scale.. all good signs. You are definitely supporting that pancreas and in my opinion it seems to be healing based on needing less insulin. Hang in there.

8. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

LOL...that's funny CD.

Dawn- all I see are blues & greens and great progress. But being queen of the worriers, i can relate totally to your concern nonetheless. It's all such a complex dance with so many nuances. We love our babies and want to do best for them at every turn...but trying to figure out what that is and if you re can be so challenging. We don't want to miss any opportunities to help things along.
    So, I'm a Jewish mother...what's your excuse????!!

We are keeping an eye out and rooting for you guys! Keep it going just like you are...you;re doing GREAT!

Betty & Hank

9. Dawn & Nova

Maybe I have a blockage in my brain that needs to be cleared with some good smartening up.. probably I am looking too much at the past and OCD'n over dose amounts..

Feb 10th-ish+.. before we tried a decrease.. and had the dental crazy and all that.. she was on 1U.. pretty much where she is at now.. though arguably then she was a tiny bit lower then.. but lets call it the same place..

Then I got her teeth cleaned.. that was HORRIBLY needed.. and a real bunged up tooth taken out, and messed up gums fixed.. and an infection cleared..

She healed up from all that nastiness.. and we pretty quickly made it back to 1U..

Since all the evil yuckies are out of her mouth..and we ended up in the "same" place.. doesn't that mean that her insulin requirements haven't changed at all, but should have given all the problems that were fixed? That makes my brain think her insulin requirements have actually slightly increased..

10. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

I just read the same thing in Mocha's condo. You should take a look - I mean it's not the SAME, but very similar post dental stuff.

11. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Dawn
    Now that was a funny comment from CD. Gosh her sense of humour is too much.

Nova is looking really terrific. Yoy actually bathe her with water?
    How does that work out.
    OMG I can just imagine doing that to my 3 kitties.
    I can understand the OCD fustration on the excat dosing and too little or not enough.
    I'm getting there too with Max's numbers but for now, I'm just letting it right.

Nova is so lucky to have you.

12. Dawn & Nova

Thanks peeps.. as always.. I'll go poking around some more and see if I can get my head straight :).

Yeah Nova loves water.. it's pretty ridiculous really.. she doesn't like to be emerged in it.. but she LOVES to be soaked down handfuls at a time.. I think if she gave the shower a shot she'd really like it..but she finds the noises of it intimidating.. she sits on the edge of the tub and considers it every time I shower..but so far, no plunge :).

Mom's been slacking on tests today.. I had to go on a supplies/food run for the kitties and Nova picked up on the "going out routine" and turned invisible.. (she has so many talents).. think someone thought they were going to get shoved in the cat carrier ;).. so I left out tons of food and went on my way..

Seems Nova was up to no good while I was out.. some sort of "ooh mommys gone.. I think I'll drop a little lower then normal so that I can laugh at her reaction to the in the door test".. didn't work pumpkin.. 60s don't even PHASE me anymore furball.. bring it ON :). Yeah.. Nova and I have come pretty far :)..

While I was at the pharmacy waiting .. it occurred to me.. I wonder if I can call Nova regulated? Has been 10 days now in happy numbers.. though I know there are at least 2 places (both +1s) that if I would have tested she would have been yellow. Maybe I can stop hounding her at the litterbox? That would be a reason to celebrate :).

13. Dawn & Nova

Re: 3/26 - Nova - AMPS=153, +5=65

Oh.. and as for my excuse for why I'm a nut job.. and why I'm NOT a morning person :)..

I'm a chronic onset insomniac.. (which means it typically takes me about 2-2.5 hours of lying still to fall asleep).. I don't remember the grading scale.. but it's the second most serious level.. has been a battle my entire life (dx when I was 6 or 7).. and despite an awful lot of effort, trying so many things, psychiatric, medicinal, "alternative", you name it.. treating it has been generally unsuccessful..

Long term onset insomniacs often have ADD and/or OCD like behaviours.. get ready people, you're in for a wild ride, and I hardly ever sleep! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.