3/26 ~ SPIKE ~ AMPS ~ 111 OLDTIMER

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by JaniceandSpike, Mar 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JaniceandSpike

JaniceandSpike Well-Known Member

Good morning LL!! Hard to believe its spring here and in the 20's...thats just not right! Spike is doing well and has been in the greens/blues all week. He seems to stick closer to me now that Princess is gone. Ive notices small changes in his behavior. For his morning test I always test when hes eating his breakfast. This had been his easiest test because his face is in his food. Over the last month as soon as he hears the beep beep from the meter he stops eating and walks away from his plate. I now have to put down a treat to test him. Sometimes he doesnt even want a test at all and I have to coax him. Because hes so regulated I only test twice a day (unless I suspect hes very low) so its not like hes being over tested. Hes also started watching me eat crunchy things. Princess was the people food begger, never Spike. Now I find him interested in my fritos...lol. I do give him a few tiny bits even though I know theyre high carb. All in all were both doing well and waiting for the "real" spring to show up.

Just a note..weve been in LL for 4 years and its so sad to see the kitties weve grown to love go to the bridge. It makes you appreciate the time that you have left with your furrie pal.

2. Ann & Maggie11 (GA)

Ann & Maggie11 (GA) Well-Known Member

It's so nice to hear Spike is doing so well and is regulated. It sounds like he misses Princess. After my 16 year old kitty crossed the Bridge, Maggie seemed to take on some of my GA kitty's quirks. I hope you and Spike have a nice day.

3. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

Hi Janice! I still love to read a good Old Timer update. It's great to hear that Spike is doing well. I'm happy that he is getting some Frito treats. A bit of spring would be nice. I shovelled a foot of snow from the driveway this week.

4. Celia & Marco

Celia & Marco Member

So nice to hear Spike is doing well! cat_pet_icon Nice numbers! ...marco talks more at night, and drags his toys around a lot more these days. MK used to be the night time talker and toy carrier. marco even jumps in dfs lap (df belonged to MK). Have a great Saturday you two! :D

5. Bo & Jake

Bo & Jake Well-Known Member

Hi,Janice!
    It,s so nice to read "oldtimer,s" report.
    Glad that Spikey boy is doing well and bean too.
    All the best from Bo and Jake!

6. sehjak (Susan & Lanky)

sehjak (Susan & Lanky) Well-Known Member

Nice to hear from you guys & so glad Spike is doing well. Give him a hug from us. Take care.

7. Patricia&Brownie

Patricia&Brownie Member

Hello to you both, Janice and "oldtimer" Spike! Glad to hear that Spike is doing well. Hurray up, Spring, Spike wants to roll in the grass! :smile:

8. Barbara and tuffy

Barbara and tuffy Well-Known Member

Hi Janice and Spike: Nice to see you on Oldtimer Caturday. Glad Spike is doing well. Sure hope Spring arrives soon, you have had a long winter. Please come back to visit and update soon. Maybe Oldtimers Day will draw more Oldtimers. Have a great day.

9. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

what a wonderful Spike report!

good to see you, Frito Bandito :lol:

celi & binks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.