3/26 Tugger PMPS 132 +3 111 +6 84 +10 147

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

I think he might have eaten after I thought I picked up the food. I found Echo eating the last bits from a dish that had been pushed behind a big box. I'm not 100% sure Tugger found it, because he was hanging out right next to me by the computer for most of that time but I have been up and down and in and out of the room the past two hours so I'm just not sure.

Either way it's a good number!

AMPS 131
    +2 88
    +5 110 Closer to 4.5 than 5
    +6 136 He ate between these two checks.

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131

Finally ;-) was impatiently waiting for his PS.
    Looks excellent.

3. Marvie and Tugger

Sorry, I got to washing dishes after his test and forgot to update!

4. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Lookin' good this morning, Tugger! See you at the party.

Stu

5. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Oooh looking good Tugger!

6. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131 +2.25 88

Ugh. I'm sore. I've been vacuuming couches and chairs since amps. Tugger is looking good, he hid from the vacuum cleaner. Interesting that it didn't stress him enough to influence his numbers, but then again I was only in the living room and I think he was under youngerson's bed. I had to play with the food dishes for a couple of minutes before he came wandering out and let me test him.

7. D and Noisy

I don't think it is going to be "right" away but keep your usual vigilance going -- I have a feeling he might need another reduction in the not too distant future.

8. Marvie and Tugger

I thought so too, so I'll get a +4 and see how things are then. His breakfast was Special Kitty Beef & Liver Dinner, which I am assuming is the same as Beef and Liver Banquet, which is listed as 10% carbs. I only had the one can because I wasn't sure if there had been a name change or if I wasn't seeing the right one on the list. With the low number this morning though, I figured it couldn't hurt to keep him from dropping too low too quick.

9. D and Noisy

If it were me I'd have him ride the edge as long as possible before going down again. You already know how to ride the edge. Oh, the reason I said "I think he might be special" is -- it feels like he cruises along with whatever the plan is. The vibe I get is he's a tough (like streetwise) cookie and quite cool.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm thinking along the same lines as D. Tugger looks like he's angling for a decrease.

11. D and Noisy

I think Tugger's spreadsheet is going to be a good one to refer to for others in the future. Specially, when you want to illustrate diet change and pooped out insulin.

12. Marvie and Tugger

Tugger's been through some stuff, poor guy, but yeah he is very tough stuff and very cool and relaxed about it pretty much. There were issues when we moved to Germany at first and we had to leave the three cats behind with a good friend. Not long before I was due to come get him and fly him to Germany, he got sick. His first UTI and it had him on death's door in no time flat. He was in the hospital for a while on IV's and then he spent some weeks living in a boarding facility before I could bring him home with me. At the Norfolk airport, they made me remove him from his carrier (nowhere had I read that would be asked or I'd have been prepared for what came next,) they ran his carrier over the roller thing into the xray machine and I walked through the standup one with Tugger, terrifed, in my arms. The carrier came out of the machine and hit the rollers on the other side and all hell broke loose. After serious attempts on my part to restrain him, resulting in cuts on my hand and arm that are still scarred today, the cat escaped. In the airport. Thank Bast I was able to get him back into his carrier, after several minutes of trying to herd him (on my own, bleeding) into some sort of corner. On the eventual return trip back to the States, his carrier got dropped and he was flipped upside down. Thank Bast this time that hubby used good zip ties as backup clips to hold it together in case of rough treatment and it did not fall apart.

Needless to say, any other cat would have just jumped off a bridge or maybe gone postal on all beans forevermore. Tugger? Purrs and headbutts as soon my voice cut through the terror of the situations. He was a bit skittish of beans for a while after our return, but he's ok with them now. Especially if they skritch his ears and speak to him in a deep sexy voice :lol:

The most resistance I get out of him is one single attempt to get away if he's reeeeeeeally not in the mood but when I say "no, we have to do this" and put my hand on his back he just flops over with a grunt. And sometimes when it's shot time he'll try to kick his leg up while I'm pulling up skin but a firm "Aah-aah" puts a stop to that. If not, I give him The Look. Which does not do anything, but gives us both a chance to calm down while we're staring at each other. Then he gets his shot ;-)

He's my special boy that's for sure =) He's been through hell, got the tshirt, hoarked a hairball on the tshirt and now he'd rather just sit in the window and chill with the birds :cool:

That's for sure! Feel free to point people to it. I regret not keeping better records earlier on, but I'm honest enough to admit there's no way I could have handled this level of attention and dedication to it all before now either.

13. Mindy & Max

Mindy & Max Member

LOVE IT!

Sounds like he's doing well! :smile:

14. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131 +2.25 88 +5 110

I missed +4 because I was cleaning and the clock in the living room died, but the +5 110 so I doubt he dipped very low. Tonight will be the time to watch more closely I think.

15. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131 +2.25 88 +5 110

Oh Tugger you trooper.. I love hearing about your adventures :).

With Nova.. its not a firm "Aah-aah".. but a firm "BzzZZTT!".. she always replies with a little squeak of a swear word, a big huff and a sigh..and settles down .. I take her response to be "!@#$@#$ .. FINE!".

16. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131 +2.25 88 +5 110 +6 136

He ate a nice snack, 1/2 can FF, after the +5 that was more like a +4.5 really, but before the +6.

17. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

What a very nice day for Tugger, Marvie.
    Your stories are terrific.
    I love reading them. There are quite a few of you on the board
    that should get together and write abook.

I was just looking at Tugger's ss.
    I thik your signature needs to be updated because I do not see
    Tugger on 4.25u any longer. :D
    Great job!!!

18. D and Noisy

Hope he stops right there -- would love to see him stay under 150.

19. Marvie and Tugger

Ugh, sorry I haven't been very active today. Got the house cleaned up though and we're all ready for the in-laws visit tomorrow =) Late updating PMPS because hubby called just as I was walking back to do the test, then he got me all grumpy trying to joke about money stuff that wasn't funny at all, and bleh the whole test/feed/shoot process took 15 minutes because I had to keep stopping to fuss at hubby ;) Then I didn't have enough brain cells to update while trying to listen to what he was saying so I had to wait till he was ready to go back to work.

Tugger had a lovely day. D he must have heard you because he had a +9 of 129 and his PMPS was 132 =) I suspect I'll be watching him tonight =) It's Friday at least, and the IL's won't be here before noon tomorrow so if I don't get to sleep much tonight I can sleep in tomorrow. I'm about to go set up a couplefew alarms for +4 and +6 just to be safe. I fed 5% after his pm shot and he had a 0% snack earlier at +9. That 10% breffis was not a hit, I think my kitties are not fond of beef. Seems like that's what I end up feeding to the garbage disposal the most often. They ate it, but not all of it. Crossing all beef flavors off the list for a while.

Oh dang Randi and Max, you're right I should go change that now :mrgreen:

20. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/26 Tugger AMPS 131 +2.25 88 +5 110 +6 136 +9 129 PMPS 132

AMPS and PMPS - Deja vu all over again (well, almost!).

21. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

what a nice day, keep it up, Tugger!

22. D and Noisy

Your post gave me a well needed laugh. Funny, not so funny, money talk.
    Thanks Tugger you made my night.

23. Marvie and Tugger

Aww =) Tugger likes to make people happy. There's nearly always something to laugh about in this house so there will always be stories.

I've forgotten, because these past few days have been so hectic my brain cells are dying off much more quickly than they normally do, but did I tell you that I solved the treat theft mystery? I posted about it in Community. I've been giving out very few treats today as a consequence for this mornings behavior.

24. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/26 Tugger PMPS 132 +3 111

Looks like we'll be having a good night too. Might skip the +6, will let the alarm go off and decide then.

25. Marvie and Tugger

Went ahead and got the +6 since the alarm got me up, nice dip to green but no decrease request. Which was fine with me last night, I was a tired Marvie. All that cleaning wore me out :lol: It'll be worth it though, I love my inlaws and look forward to seeing them. They should be here somewhere around Tugger's +4-6 or so and only for a quick visit, so I should have no problems getting his tests in. Will start a new condo at amps.

26. D and Noisy

Don't think decrease is coming immediately. Watching your numbers closely, may be that you'll be adding a drop. The scenario I am hoping for is for us to chase his numbers -- we might ease the dose up so that we can ease it down further. See ya in today's condo next.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.