3/27/13 Rags - AMPS ~ HI +4 ~ 188 +5 ~338

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by yo hon, Mar 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Becki, if you have already shot him, then test in 2 hrs. and post the number. We are just trying to get a true amps and pmps test done right before you would then feed and shoot.

As for all the spot checks inbetween, those tell us how well insulin is working and when he might peak/nadir which means the insulin is through working and will give no help to keep numbers down any longer.

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Up to you if you want to test; I doubt he'll go low.

Can you test and give insulin every 8 hours?
    Or does it need to be every 12 hours despite him going high during the last 4 hours?

3. Must say I agree with Venita on this.... If we can get Rags on a better insulin, this should allow for fewer tests too. With Lantus or PZI, she should be able to manage things on 3 or 4 tests per 24 hours and still do things safely. Maybe a curve once a week?
    There's got to be a way to balance what's best for Rags with what's doable for Becki, and allow for sleep and work while maintaining health, safety and sanity.

Becki, it won't always be "like this".

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

I edited that post.

5. Becki,
    If you test him like Hope suggested, I'll be here watching for the number(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.