? 3/27/18 Should I increase Skylars insulin?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Betchadeb, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Howdie, Should I increase Skylar's insulin to 3 1/2 (3.5) units tonight or wait a few more days and see what happens?

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Skylar is close to achieving nadirs between 90 and 149 mg/dL on 5.5 days at 3.25 units. SLGS suggests holding the dose for 7 days. You can wait out the full 7 days to see if his numbers get better or increase earlier to move things along. However, deviating from the norm places added responsibility on the caregiver to keep kitty safe. With as much as you test, it's your call.

Just my thoughts...

3. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I decided not to change her dose as of yet. Thank you for your advice.

4. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

Am I testing too much? I want her to be safe but I don't want to over test. She is so good with all of this so I figure that if I can do it I might as well so that I can catch a problem before it gets to serious.

5. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Goodness no, Debbie! You're not testing too much! You're doing a great job at keeping her safe which is why I said to increase or not is your call. If you hadn't been testing like you have been I would have strongly discouraged you from deviating from the SLGS guidelines.

Betchadeb likes this.
  6. Betchadeb

Betchadeb Member

I don't want to stress her out but I do need to keep her safe. I know at night I probably should test her more, but for the most part everything seems to be going well. I just hope that she will go into remission, if not I hope her numbers will get and stay in the green.

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.