3/27 Latte AMPS-300, +1-167, PMPS-183

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by carolynandlatte, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Well I could just kick myself for not putting karo in her food this a.m.! ohmygod_smile I have been doing it nearly every a.m. this week to slow any potential big drops she is so famous for, when starting high AMPS. Guess I was not thinking it made THAT much of a difference, but possibly it did. Karo'd the last 1/3 of food she is working on right now. Although the damage is already done...133pt drop in 1hr :YMSIGH:

Her numbers truley affect how she is feeling. I think static yellows, and 300+'s make her very lethargic and less hungry. She had a PMPS of 213 last night, which may have dropped into the blue before the pred kicked in. I suspect this because she was up and about...eating! Very unusual after pmps.

Is she feeling better? A little, I suppose. She has eaten more in the last 12+hrs, and up and about a tad more. I came home from work yesterday to find a little bit of a wet bottom and lots of litter stuck to it. I dont know how that happened unless she sat in her LB while peeing, and couldnt lift her butt?!?! After I got the initial mess cleaned up, she did spend some time last night trying to get it cleaned. Its really hard for her to reach back there, and often gives up. But she kept at it.

I again hesitate to give the bupe if she is feeling a little better this a.m. Im really nervous of it making her feel worse, like last time. If a lowered dose only means less time it is effective, than wont she have similar side effects as the higher dose? She wouldnt move from her throne all day, eyes dilated, and later was just skittish/paranoid. On the other hand, I dont doubt she has some aches and pains, despite acting a little better this a.m. If I give it, I would like to do so by 9am (1.5hrs from this post). Otherwise, I will need to wait a while until I have another full day off to monitor, and the clinic is open to call in case of an adverse reaction.

She has been fancy to the Pet Naturals Hip and Joint treats. They got dry and hard pretty quick, so I started sprinkling them on her wet food - which seems to peak her interest more than those yucky whisker lickens did. I think some of these supplemental treats are more for the humans, feeling like we are doing something. It cant hurt, tho. They say they are sugar free, but also warn about giving if diabetic. Who knows?!

I will still continue with the QOL checklist on a daily basis. I may find that she is actually having more GOOD days than bad, and Im just hyperfocused on the bad. And, it could turn out she is really only having 1-2 good days/week...with bad days getting worse. it's just too hard for me to see the whole picture right now. So the check list will be good.

Thanks for those who have stopped by to send Latte your good wishes. Its been a hectic week. The next few weeks should be more mellow and regular, work-wise for me. That will be helpful with our overall routine and my ability to be around LL a bit more.

Hope everyone is expecting wonderful weather for the weekend, and great plans to get out and enjoy some of it!

ETA: yesterday - viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10265&p=101114#p101114

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Latte AMPS-300, +1-167

Well, Shadow said Latte and he had a good time at Donovan's party yesterday....
    Hope today goes well for you both! Enjoy your Saturday Carolyn!

3. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that your schedule is moderating. Latte will like that! Here's to more GOOD days for that fine cat (and for you, too, Carolyn!). Enjoy the weekend.

Ella & Stu

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

I'm hoping Latte is like us -- she's just having a few "off" days. I also think you make a good point. If I know Gabby isn't feeling well, I'm hypervigilent to everything she does and it's very easy to focus only on the those things that indicate something is wrong -- to the exclusion of all else.

5. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

I'm sorry I missed your 9 am Bupe deadline. You raise an excellent question, but in my experience, Bear does better on a tiny dose of Bupe. I give .05 to .08 ml. The .08 would be half of a 6 hour dose for him (weight about 9 pounds). I hope she has a good weekend.

6. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Carolyn
    Stopping by to check on your pretty girl.
    I'm glad to hear the next couple of weeks will be a bit quieter for you.
    You can spend time with Latte and feel better that she is doing fine.
    Max sends bi hugs and can't wait to see her at Pat's moon party.
    She will be going right??

7. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

I'm glad Latte is feeling a bit better, and glad your work schedule will also be a bit better.

Sending feel good vines to beautiful miss Latte!

(OT - we had a pretty day in Seattle -- I did a 61 mile bike ride, followed by a 20 minute run and a long hot tub. I can barely walk! But, it was fun! Hope you were able to enjoy your day, too!)

8. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Good Evening!
    Latte had a pretty good day in most areas.

BG Summary:
    AMPS- 200
    +1-167
    +2-166
    +4- 134
    +6-110
    +9-153
    +11.25-156
    *ate 1 3oz can wellness in a.m., some kibble @ +11*
    *.03ish mls bupe @ +3*

Linda- Thank you for your thoughts on the bupe. I knew my questions were kind of rhetorical, and my decision would have to come from the heart. I decided we are at a point where it is not fair to not give her something, no matter how uncomfortable it may make me. We have to try. Then it dawned on me I could give less than the 2nd recommendation the vet gave me (he said try .05-.1ml). I aimed for .025, but think it was closer to .03 or so. These syringes with the rounded plunger are hard for me to read.

Anyway, I have no idea if it helped her. I did not notice any side effects. 20 min after I gave it she tried cleaning the base of her tail (hard thing to do), demanded under cover snuggle time, and laid guard in the hallway. When I checked on her an hr after she jumped up excited (until I tested her, LOL). She slept, which is typical at that time. When I got home from some errands she was very happy to see me. For about 4hrs this afternoon she was up multiple times from her throne. She even jumped from her throne to my bed when she heard me krinkle a wrapper! She was so curious about what I put in my mouth, that she licked my lips! :lol: She jumps from my bed to her throne a few times/week. The bed is higher...so she is jumping to a lower spot, about 1.5 feet away. I thought it interesting to see her not just jump accross, but UP to the bed. This was many, many hours after the bupe, tho. I guess I will try some more tomorrow a.m. Probably the same dose...maybe .01ml more?

her good attitude could also have been from the better numbers. Who knows how or why those appeared today, but we wont complain...until the bounce! ;-)

I cant believe I am sick again...same thing as a month ago...terrible sore throat, achey, slight fever...blah! Guess we will just be chillin' this weekend. Probably a good thing after the last week or so. I think Latte was happy to have me home most of the day. :smile:

9. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It sounds like she had a fantastic day. I would be tempted to stick with the same Bupe dose, in case it had anything to do with her feeling so good.

I hope you feel better soon. I have had what sounds like the same virus for almost three weeks, with no sign of improvement.

10. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great report on Latte's day! I hope you feel better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.