3/27 Oliver amps 437 pmps 455 +2~418 +4~382 dose 2u

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Blue, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Yesterday’s Condo for Oliver

Oliver's numbers are not what I want to see; I think an increase is a good idea for pm shot today - to 1.75u or 2.0u.

Oliver's doing quite fine, has a healthy appetite and is good with the LB. He just keeps thinking he should be allowed to eat some dry. I keep him away and he gets none since the other day's mouthful, but I am thinking he must have been fed dry in the past. He is quite fine with the wet, almost all kinds but seems to like friskies, so I'll go out and get him some as Shadoe's food is mostly ff or SophCat.

2. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Oliver amps 437 +2~403

Remember, if the nadirs are high, you can do a .5u increase, so 2u would be okay. Sorry to scare you last night...it really wouldn't be funny to have two acro kitties. Bengals are big cats - my sister has one. But the numbers and snoring are somthing to watch. And, maybe Shadoe really isn't acro...the tests aren't perfect and she was at the lower end.

I love the stories you tell in both of their condos.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Heather,
    You did not scare me with the acro comment, but rather you just echoed what I have been thinking.

With Shadoe, she did not test with a high IGF-1, but was moving up the insulin scale pretty good with no results and had the belly, but not much else in the way of symptoms. She did not snore or have a wide looking face as on some I have seen, and so I just figured that she was young, and had not been affected for a long time. If she is not acro, then I would like someone to explain that dose of 14u cuz that's pretty high. It took R to get her down to some decent numbers and I hate to think how they would have been without it. It would be awesome if it were a false positive.

Then Oliver shows up - this HUGE monster of a cat - and he snores and he's got this face and ... well, the thought had entered my mind.

Oliver eats like a horse and I have seen dog dropping way smaller than his LB deposits. Pictures of him don't do justice to his size, even if taken by a ruler. He has to be at least 3x the size of Booboo but she has taken a liking to him; maybe she likes the strong silent guys. Shadoe is still hissy at Oliver - cuz he takes her food from HER feeder :evil: While she is not close to his size, she weighs over 14lbs and he apparently weighs maybe 16lb?

Time will tell how Oliver goes. We can go up to 2u Lantus tonite and we will see how his numbers react.

4. Randi & Max (GA)

Randi & Max (GA) Well-Known Member

Yup. I love your stories too Gayle.
    Some of us just have a gift of writing.
    I can't wait to see more pics of him, and how cute is it that Booboo
    likes him. I thought she didn't even like you. :lol: :lol:
    Not that I'm one to give advice but 2 probably sounds good.
    These numbers are high.

5. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Oliver amps 437 pmps 455 dose 2u cycle 1

Dose increased for Oliver to 2u; he's staying just too high, so hopefully we can get him back to his honest dose in a few days.

I am hoping we can get more life into him once he's at a decent dose. Baring any miracles, we will go up to 2.5u on Monday pm.

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

can Oliver have his own auto feeder? Or would that become Shadoe's too? :lol:

Good luck with the dosecrease!

7. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Libby,
    About the food; I give up. He is such a lovable lug that you don't have the heart to discipline him - cuz he just doesn't get it! It's food, it's on the floor, it's fair game. No?

He reminds me of Goldilocks and the 3 bears: he just keeps trying things till he finds a bowl that he likes.

Get him his own feeder: haha_smiley haha_smiley haha_smiley he would just eat his and then saunter over to Shadoe's and eat that too!

Seriously, he could use some meat on his bones, and Shadoe could afford to lose a few, PLUS, he's kind of sceered of her. She pretends to charge him and he backs away. She doesn't pick fights or hit him; she just threatens to do all of that. I have seen her go after him if he went at her food. I am just gently hinting to him, redirecting him to his own food area, and he is pretty good at it, mostly.

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Re: 3/27 Oliver amps 437 pmps 455 +2~418 dose 2u cycle 1

With these horrible numbers, I am checking daily for ketones and always negative so far.
    Hopefully, we can speed through these increases and get him out of these reds.

9. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Oliver's numbers are going in the right direction, but not very low and very slow.
    He seems tired tonite, and has been laying around for hours.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.