3/27 Oreo says Hi

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Denise & Oreo (GA), Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Hi Everyone. It has been a long time. I've missed all our FDMB friends. I hope all is well with all the kitties. I thought I would take a break from my studies to peek in and give you all an update on Oreo. He is getting 2.0 skinny at this time. I may have to lower it soon due to some dramatic drops. But most of the time he is pretty level, so I hate to mess that up. The drops are easy to control. We are getting much better at carb manipulating and we can always depend on his stomach to help out. :) He had a cold or allergy a couple of weeks ago and that made some pink show up again. But he seems back to his normal; blue, green, yellow. Always did love his rainbow SS.

As I said, Oreo still loves his food and spends his days searching for any crumbs that someone may have dropped. Other than the cold/allergies, he has been doing great. He can chase the dog right on the heels,loves attacking his little mice and throwing them around, jumps as high as he wants, and can be a sweetie when he wants some lovin. Actually, I don't think he hates the dog anymore. I think he likes to tease her and force her to "play" when he wants to. Soon he'll have a new puppy to train to fear him, so that should keep him busy for the summer. :)

Well hopefully by the end of this coming summer, I will be able to check in more often. I'd love it if anyone could peek at his SS and let me know your thoughts, or if I am missing anything.

I'd like to just add a blizzard of snowflakes for sweet Alex. (((Jill and Alex))) you are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Denise and Oreo

2. Chris and Chloe

Chris and Chloe Member

So great to "see" you!! We've missed you guys!

Glad to hear that Oreo is doing so well -- love the thought of him teasing the dog to get her to play! I'll be eager to see what he thinks of the new puppy! (What kind?) I'm still volunteering at the local Humane Society, working with the droolers. They started a running program, so now every Sunday I spend the last hour and a half of my shift running one of the large dogs with lots of energy.

Looking forward to seeing more of you! Good luck with the studies!

3. Jen and Oreo (GA)

Jen and Oreo (GA) Well-Known Member

Denise!! :smile: You made it.

Nice to hear that Oreo is making the dog run :lol: And a nice stretch of numbahs :smile:

4. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

Nice to see you and Oreo. Hope the studies are going well. Scritches to Oreo.

5. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

Hi Denise! Hi Oreo! It's great to hear from you, visit more often. :smile:

Sounds like things are going well. I think a dose shave would be a good idea, maybe getting rid of those lower numbers would help get rid of some of the higher ones too. Worth a try, if it doesn't work you can always go back up.

6. Denise & Oreo (GA)

Denise & Oreo (GA) Member

Hi Libby!!! I've missed you and Lucy. Thanks so much for checking in on Oreo's numbers and for your advise. It's great to have a pair of experienced eyes look at the SS. I will lower his dose and see if that gets rid of those pinks. I thought it was his allergies or cold that he was dealing with. But you're probably right.

We will try to get here more often. It's been so nice catching up with old friends and their kitties. Give Lucy a scritch from me. :D

7. Linda and Bear Man

Linda and Bear Man Well-Known Member

It's always great to see you, Denise. I have missed seeing you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.