3/27 Sasha AMPS 164

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by seamist, Mar 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamist

seamist Member

Sasha is ok, but a little less energetic this morning. BG higher than usual. The Lantus cartridge fell out of the refrigerator and the glass cracked, so I am concerned that the Lantus might have air contamination... Also, he was eating the other cats' food yesterday. I just can't afford low carb food for all the cats, but I try not to let Sasha eat the other food.

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Dang. Do you have another cartridge? Kiss Sasha for me.

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Is it possible to feed all of the cats low carb? It's perfectly fine to feed everyone LC and you won't have to deal with keeping Sasha out of the other bowls.

I would be very hesitant to use a cracked cartridge.

4. carolynandlatte

carolynandlatte Well-Known Member

Hi Sheryl,
    I would switch out the cartridge with a new one if it is cracked.

Are you still trying to feed wellness? It is expensive, especially if you want to feed many cats the same thing. But wellness is not the only low carb food. many people feed fancy feast and friskies (non gravy versions, i believe). You could look at Janet and Binky's chart to see which ones on the list would be best....and affordable.

Did you ever have a chance to print up the food list? I will try to come back and post the link, unless someone else gets to it before me.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

That Lantus is toast. Discard and start one of the pens. I keep my insulin in its box in a drawer to prevent roll-out accidents.

Janet and Binky's canned food charts are linked from this page.

6. OptOut

OptOut Well-Known Member

So sorry about the cartridge! You do need to toss it. I did the same thing (but it was a good thing because it made me decide that it was time to start Boo's OTJ trial). Hope Sasha feels more energetic soon. Her AMPS is pretty decent.

7. seamist

seamist Member

Thank you all for your guidance.

Seamist
    Sasha's mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.