3/28/10 Gracie AMPS 228 :)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele & Gracie, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10438

Good Morning All-

I think I've got the link to yesterday's condo above...Not sure if I did it right.

Gracie is doing well. Her patience with me is incredible, especially given that she is a Wiggle Worm extrodinaire and hates to be restrained/held.

Still trying to find nadir with her. I know that convential wisdom here dictates testing every 2-3 hours rather than the 4 my vet requested-so I will try that tonight to see what I get. It looks like she is peaking closer toward the end of the 12 hour cycle, but then that could also be due to the recovery of the carb overloads I gave her accidentally on purpose.

Hope everyone has a great day-

Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning! My Shadow peaks at +8....if you check alternating hours each day you can fill in the blanks as far as the SS is concerned...you tested at +4 yesterday, so do it at +3 today ...does that makes sense?
    For myself, I think I used to be so nervous about "hypos" so I learned to call it "low numbers" instead since most of our kitties are monitored with our home testing so they never go into "hypo". God forbid they go into real hypo symptoms.
    WE are in control when we can do the testing and as you can see, feeding high carbs can bring up the lower numbers to a nice easy surf. But, it is a dance and it does take time.
    You are doing a great job...and by monitoring the numbers throughout the day, you will be gin to see how Gracie responds with her numbers to food and the time of the day.

We are having an Open House fll_moon Full Moon Party in our condo tomorrow...and we would love it if Gracie could come. Tell her to catch a moonbeam and bring everyone she can find along the way. (No Beans are allowed at these parties ya know....but i keep an eye on them all) There will be lots of dancing and howling a the big beautiful moon! :mrgreen:

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Well its great you are hometesting took Do Lou and I 4-ever to get the hang of it and my vets are very difficult to work with on this and I work for them. Hope you see some nice numbers for Gracie today :mrgreen: I try to test Do Lou on the +3, +6 and +8 or + 9 but I sure have not always followed that which you can certainly see from my SS but we try

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Great job with testing. Did you get any sleep?

Some cats have a late nadir -- like at +10. One of the truisms of the Board is that every cat is different (ECID). Also, the nadir isn't a fixed point. Just to make our lives challenging, it can change. It may be based on food, like you suggested, or other factors that effect metabolism (like exercise, stress, etc.) I'm not sure what kind of HC you are using but we encourage the use of canned foods that have gravy (e.g., the Fancy Feast varieties that are marinated or in gravy). Have you seen Janet & Binky's food charts? The foods that are over 18% carb are what we consider high carb. They bump up numbers nicely without the duration of effect that dry food has.

If you get a test later in the cycle, like at +10 or +11, and you are uncomfortable with the number, post a note. Change the subject line in your first post of the day and ask for help or attention on your condo (e.g, "Eyes please"). There are usually enough people around who will offer support or guidance to help you walk through your options so you don't have to skip the shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.