3/28 Do Lou amps 332 +8 329 PMPS 337+2 363

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Lisa and Do Lou (GA), Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

Well way too much pink again :sad: and I am to call and talk about him with my vet once again today he did not change his dose last time but honestly I think he needs another dose increase he just is staying high IMO way too much so I am sure he will change him I could be wrong he left him alone last time so who knows I just work here. He is still acting like he feels better and is coming to bed with me now so that of course makes Mom feel better :mrgreen:

amps332 3U
    +6 340
    +8 329
    pmps 337 3.25U
    +2 363

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10343

2. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Do Lou amps 332 +6 340

Have you asked Libby, or our dosing helpers about his dose??
    He looks like he needs a bit more--PM libby & see-OK?
    When you are new, it's a bit different than an oldie, but wait let me look at your ss-Do you think the dry food could be raising the numbers??? I know he has some health issues too..Check with the others, Hope you can find the right dose..It does take a while sometimes..
    You are doing a great job!!

3. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

+8 329 down a wee bit

4. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Yes I know him being on the dry adds to this but he just will not eat wet much so I am sure it adds to his numbers certainly agree with you and yes he does have other health issues
    it is so very frustrating thanks for the support I sometimes just want to cry about this but I know thats not the way to be :oops:

5. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Do Lou amps 332 +6 340 +8 329

sometimes you just have to cry and let it out .. at least I do! I can't tell you how many times I have soaked tears into mochas fur .. but she doesnt mind .. and then I feel better and can go on the next day ...

6. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

well I have certainly cried that is for sure its just frustrating confused_cat

7. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Sorry about these cruddy numbers. It must be very hard when he won't eat wet willingly. Several kitties here were difficult to transition, hoping they stop in.
    It does look like you need an increase. It's going to get better and yes, cry, this is hard. Hugs.

When I see cruddy numbers my first thought is to see if it is possibly an insulin issue -- vial too old or possible freeze happened.
    I want to remind everyone to get a refrigerator thermometer -- Lantus will go bad if it freezes, we have seen that here.

8. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

well its a month old today and I will get a frig thermometer never thought about that but I do not think its had any chance to freeze at least pretty sure confused_cat

9. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

also need to report that today was send SS to vet today and he did not recommend a increase yet kinda surprised me since he was quick to increase before wants to see the SS again next week so IDK so frustrating :sad: :sad:

10. D and Noisy

How does one say "ignore the vet" without being insulting? :D

11. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

yeah I know thats why I am here

12. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

I really do think Do Lou needs a dose increase. Since he has had some yellow and blue, I would only increase to 3.25. Because Do Lou does eat dry food, we can't afford to run his numbers as tightly as we do some of the other cats, because if one day he decides not to eat as much dry then it can let him get too low. But his lowest number so far was 121 so I think there's room for a little more juice.

FWIW, most vets aren't used to letting cats get below 100 because a) the beans don't test much, if at all, so going below 100 cuts it a little too close for comfort, with people who aren't paying attention to the numbers, and b) because the cats are often eating dry food, so it's tough to control the numbers. And because they don't want people micro-managing doses, the way we do. :roll: My vet eventually saw that the advice I was getting here worked, and she is now enthusiastic about this protocol, but many of us find ourselves in a position of having to choose between board advice and vet advice. Very tough, since you work there.

13. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Yes it is very tough I agree so very much I am going against my vet anyway by doing the daily testing like I am he thinks this is way to stressful on the cat but has given in to me on this protocol my vets are still very much the old fashioned fasting once a week BG tests and they do not encourage hometesting at home it was a struggle just to get Do Lou on lantus I was about to seek out another vet if he did not give in for even though I had worked with him for over 15 yrs and really like him I was not about to see my cat go down hill more just for the fact that they like N, anyway enough of my rambling they are great vets but have some issues on diabetes treatment. I just did his PMPS but have not got his shot yet was hoping to hear from you first I will go with the 3.25 dose increase

14. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Re: 3/28 Do Lou amps 332 +6 340 +8 329 PMPS 337

well its downright hard to measure .25 confused_cat

15. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

16. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Just stopping in to say hello....we all have our sad days...and then there are those frustrated days.
    Oh, and the hopeless days too. :roll: Not to forget those days when we just want to give up.....
    Yes. We all have 'em.
    HUGS~! :YMHUG:

17. D and Noisy

Paws crossed the increase helps.

18. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Lisa:

Will your vet read the journal articles on FD? I've attached one of the recent articles along with the University of Queensland protocol by Jacqui Rand, DVM. At the top of the Queensland paper are the citations. My library doesn't get that particular vet journal.

Maybe having a pdf from a vet journal will help to convert your vet.

Attached Files:

19. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Well I did print the protocol for him but I will take this to him as well and thank you he is very stubborn about things

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.