3/28 Hank AMPS- 82, +7:35- 69, PMPS- 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bettyandhank, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10386 YESTERDAY

Last night before bed- PM+2 - 76

AMPS 82

We shot a drop, I think. Have virtually no confidence at this dose what in fact he actually gets. Since I am trying to shave off .01, I don't want it to be 'too much'. But i want him to get at least a drop/trace and benefit from this phase. Last night he moved when I stuck & it came out, so wasn't sure.
    Today i'm not positive it wasn't dry. Before going in the cartridge, I try to eyeball where the plunger sits relative to the -0- line (different each syringe) then to overpull, and push back to just a hair above that...but not TOO MUch. My thinking is that as long as when pushing back the overpull you don't squeeze hard, then even at -0- line, at least you'll get what remains in the needle chamber as 'the drop' .
    Anyway, WHO KNOWS?! Today not very certain on the drop.

All happy numbers though.

great Sunday everyone!

betty & hank-o- licious

2. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Hank AMPS- 82

Looks like Hank has settled in with some good numbers and not running for the 40s to give your heart a start anymore. Go Hank. Looks like your Hank and my Miss Smokey are hankering to try out that OTJ business together.

3. bettyandhank

Hi Melanie!

I PM'd you. had ya'll on my mind and hadn't seen you today. I wish some of the old-timer's and experts would come visit and give us a advice on how this all works.
    I want to phase him out properly and not do anything prematurely. I need to be sure he's had plenty of time to heal and support to go it alone. His numbers have been great, but that's with insulin. I want to get it right doing everything possible to assist him so it will stick.

HOW DO WE KNOW WHEN IT's THE RIGHT TIME??

We need experts with the road map. from my reading, it seems alot of folks phase out slowly over quite a period of time. Seeing numbers lots lower than ours and they are still on. But i can't find the clear message.

Ok, gurus''' what's the word??

How do we know WHEN?

Come visit.

Thanks for keeping an eye on us...we're on you too.

Hank & Smokie may have to hold hands across the line together...wouldn't that be GREAT!!

4. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

almost. :smile:

The goal is to keep Hank in these green (or barely blue) numbers with just a bit of insulin for a little while, to let his pancreas do as much healing as it can before we take the training wheels off. I'd like to see a couple more days on this dose, if he'll let us, but we have to let Hank lead this last leg of the race. Keep getting your spot checks, because if he throws another <50 then we stop shooting, even if it hasn't been a couple of days yet.

5. bettyandhank

Libby Thanks- We've been missing your visits.

He went to 49 a couple nights ago, CD suggested pulling the juice..but it felt too freaky & abrupt.
    Just dealing with the 49 was scary enough.

I am having such a time with this dose and whether it is really happening or not. Completely uncertain and cannot verify consistency. If it's imaginary, then his trial may already be happening. there is at least residue regardless, I'm guessing.

Anyway, please keep an eye out for us. We need guidance & appreciate your wisdowm. I know you have been here. I don't want any more scary 30's or anything like that to have to hit us over the head though.

How did YOU know it was time with Lucy????

We're a bit clueless.
    Please come back often....

Betty and hank

6. Libby and Lucy

Libby and Lucy Senior Member Moderator

sorry, I've been dealing with some health issues of my own and one of my cats this week, and it's been hard to concentrate here. LL is actually pretty therapeutic, now that I'm back here. :mrgreen:

Lucy was different, she was on insulin a LONG time but then all of a sudden things changed. I didn't know it was time, I stopped shooting because Jill told me she was going to send somebody over to confiscate my Lantus. :lol: Going OTJ successfully is a delicate balance (we want to give him the best chance at staying OTJ forever), and that's why it's helpful to have experienced people keep an eye on you. There are several clues we look for in the numbers, and usually when I'm about to recommend that somebody stop shooting, I like to run it past Jill for a second opinion. She has a great instinct for this. I'm thinking that Hank's will probably be more clear-cut than most, because he's a new diabetic and has made such great progress. Probably Hank would have been fine if you had stopped after the 49, but since you have found a way to measure an even smaller dose then we might as well continue that. It won't be long.

7. bettyandhank

Well I don't know know Jill, but would LOVE any & all opionions, advice & wisdom. We want to get this right. I don't know how we got here or why, but am grateful he has a chance. And I want for us to be successful & it to be permanent.
    He also has some looming dental work...which was back burnered as we discovered it same time as this diagnosis. So i am trying to get him really well before we start thinking about that. I worry so about jinxing any remission, certainly a new one with such a stressful thing as that. I see this can occur form other members on this board. Will have to figure out how to pay for it first anyway.
    So yes, it is that experience we need...

It's also been a very sudden turnaround for us. We are sort of going by the seat of your pants here. I was punting my way through when I couldn't get advice.
    We hardly had time to settle into one step before the next step was upon us. i was afraid to shoot 120 just a week ago, he had pinks 10 days ago. Read back a few days of condos and you'll see.

So are you thinking another week or so if nothing changes, cold turkey if another below 50 (even 49)??

I am sorry you had a spell this week..hope you and yours are on the mend. Missed you here for sure. is everthing ok now?

Yes, please stay with us & send all gurus. We don't even totally have the hieracrchy figure out or know who everyone is. We're just glad for the company we have..especially now. Please keep coming around...and bring the wizards, ok? (also for melanie & Smokey)

B&H

8. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Betty just reading your condo, I bet it is scary thinking of going otj! I am hoping to get there myself (antijinx!!!) Scrabble did a turn around suddenly for me too, I will be keeping an eye out for you so maybe this will help me in the future. You are doing great!!!! Just think of how nice it would be to get some sleep again when he is otj,hahaha, that is what I think about because now I don't sleep more than 3 hours at a time! I am sure Libby and Jill will give you great advice, good luck!!! Me and Scrabble will be keeping our paws crossed for you!!! :D

9. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

I think we need a few more antijinx antijinx antijinx after that post Michelle :lol: sshh, we can't tell the kitties we are thinking about more sleep. They will all be running crazy on us for sure.

Libby - I wish you and your kitties lots of good health and that Jill's Alex (right?) gets to feeling better. We all do really appreciate the help you all dole out. There are a lot of kitties in need around here lately and some days it seems like you are all just hopping crazy with a bunch of furrbabes playing in the 30s and 40s and another bunch testing out the 400s and 500s.

10. bettyandhank

We are none of the above, Mel. just trying to sort out our path from here. But but we've been there and relate and support them. That really is what FMDB is about and why it is so great. I don't know how we would have made it without it.

We sure like it better with visitors, I must say. Hankie and I are quite social. I'm a Gemini and we're both Southern! Ya'll keep coming, please.

And yes Michelle, we're watching you...ya'll are practically jogging down path now. Everything i can cross for ya'll is!
    (antijinx for us all!!- AJ AJ AJ!! )

And Jill, we haven't met yet, but please come by when ya'll are feeling better. i'm gonna go visit your condo to see what's going on.

thanks everyone. We'll do a spot soon and report back!

B&h

11. bettyandhank

Re: 3/28 Hank AMPS- 82, +7:35- 69

+7:35- 69 he was sleeping, Not happy.

I have nessed up way too many strips these last days w/ error emssages. Just now prick was no problem, blood went up fine..i forgot to puch the damn thing in first and no blinky drop icon. error message 2. AARGH.
    This am, dreaded error message 5. it's like burning $$$'s. Those things cost .05 each to make. Why is is legal to charge so much for them??

Also, miracle of miracles...My other Boo-Boo Elvis, the carb addict who hates canned food (would rather starve) and eats his dry Innova (i'm trying, I'm trying) in the garage since all this... ATE SOME WET TODAY! I have been trying out different new canned foods trying to rotate in some variety with hank's wellness, his staple. Been buying different types and samples 7 ending up throwing lots of expensive food away along the way as he turns his nose up.
    Well lo and behold...I put down this new one called SOrganic beef/liver..and Elvie LIKES it! (hank not so much) He didn't eat tons..just a couple of licks, but it's progress. Usually I put canned down and he runs away. Every now and then a lick, but he'd mostly rather waste away.
    Hank always liked wet, just didn't eat it exclusively. So it's a coup over here. I may run out for a case. Though being a cat, he probably then wouldn't want it anymore.

12. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Hank AMPS- 82, +7:35- 69

Hahaha too funny about the canned food, you would probably buy it and he wouldn't eat it, lol! Thank God my 2 cats are not at all picky! When Scrabble was diagnosed I put my female cat on lc FF along with Scrabble and they both adjusted well, thank God! God do I hate wasting strips, that is sooo frustrating, which meter do you use? I use the relion micro. Damn strips cost a lot to waste though don't they?? Have to make a strip run in the next couple of days! Have a good night Betty!

13. bettyandhank

Hank PMPS- 80.

Did we or didn't we get a drop...that is the question. It seems to be the ongoing question. But his number are sure good & he looks great. He's not real pleased with the pokes and shots today...is tiring of all that part. Otherwise happy cat.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.