3/28 Kitty OTJ Trial Day 4(9) AMBG 52 PMBG 56

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by worldtraveller, Mar 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Good morning!
    Kitty's AMBG was 52!! This is so good, that I am starting to wonder if my meter is working right ?! I guess I need to get another meter, just in case.

BUT - the issue is that one of the cats - not sure if Kitty or Joey - has now had a few incidents where they have missed the kitty litter box, meaning: peed just outside the box. Ugh! In the past 1,5 months this has now happened 4 times in total, and in the past 2 days TWICE! I just cleaned the box on Sunday night so the box was with fresh litter and all, but then yesterday evening either one had missed the box. Not happy :( This is pretty much the first times that this is happening, ever. Any idea what may be going on? Any good tips how to fix the issue?

2. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/28 Kitty OTJ Trial Day 4(9) AMBG 52 + an issue in para

what an awesome OTJ trial number!

i don't know what to suggest about inappropriate elimination. so far, we've not had that problem. how often do you clean the litterboxes? i have one who "holds it" if i miss cleaning boxes twice a day. maybe cleaning them more often would help? i don't know.

sometimes IE is associated with kitty having a UTI. if it continues a vet visit may be needed...

3. Melissa and Bailey

Melissa and Bailey Well-Known Member

Since you have more than one cat, do you have more than one box? That can help with LB issues, especially if the cats are not especially friendly with each other. It can also be a sign of a UTI or cystitis, if you can figure out who the guilty party is a vet visit may be in order. Have you changed brands of litter recently, or made any other changes in their lives? Just a few thoughts to start out with, LB issues can be very complicated to diagnose and treat (and yes, I have been there so I know!!) Good luck getting this figured out! And a GREAT AMBG for Kitty, congrats on the trial!!

4. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

Thanks for replies!
    Kitty and Joey have shared the box for many many years and they are good friends with each other. Never any issues before. I have cleaned the box twice a day in the past months (more than before, actually ;-) ), so cleanliness should not be the issue. The only changes there has been in the past months is to change from dry food to wet food only, and then Kitty going on OTJ trial. Part of his healing process has been that he has lost weight (he looks great now) and his more active and playful, all good things I think...

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

when punkin pees outside the box i assume he's got a UTI - that's what has happened in the past. however, he hasn't had any problems since switching him to canned food. i think it's actually better with more water in the food.

you might look on http://www.catinfo.org to see if they have suggestions about that.

6. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

Does either have arthritis or injury or matts in the fur? That can make it harder to climb into the litter box and also to achieve the appropriate squat position. Vyktor was going just outside the box pretty regularly (not the whole wee just a little over the edge) when he had matted fur on his hips because it much have been painful to get into the proper position and his angle was a little off.

Go Kitty Go (in the lb :lol: :lol: :lol: )

7. worldtraveller

worldtraveller Member

wow - PMBG is 56. Is this too good to be true? :mrgreen:

Thanks for replies on the kitty litter issue. Will need to figure out which one is having the issue, or in fact I hope this does not come up again!!

8. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    GO, KITTY...GO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    WONDERFUL NUMBERS!!

And a smile for you...
    celi & binks

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.