3/28 Tugger PMPS 74 +1 118 +2 98 + 3 79

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marvie and Tugger, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marvie and Tugger

Marvie and Tugger Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10360

I'm thinking if I wait a little bit longer he might dip under 50. I'll be risking life and limb to keep the food from them any longer, but I'm willing to take the risk. Testing again in a few minutes.

PMPS +11 60
    +11.5 55
    +12 59

AMPS 54 dosed Sk 2.00
    +3 44 fed lc with a wee bit of gravy on it (the other cats got the rest of the pouch while Tug works on his plate)
    +4 60
    +5 68 (kitties all napping, I think I will too.)
    +10 69

PMPS 74 dosed 1.75 fed Trader Joe's Turkey and Giblets dinner, not sure carb % but assumed on the high side.
    +1 118
    +2 98
    +3 79
    +4 81
    +5 87
    +10 89

2. D and Noisy

D and Noisy Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 55

Will be waiting for next BG

3. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 55... 59

He was having a spat with Echo when I went in to test him, and he tried to get away from me to go back and whap Echo some more... so I'm thinking it went up those few points over the pissy match maybe? I know those two numbers are almost the same...

should I go ahead and shoot or wait some more?

4. D and Noisy

I forget do you have to be out today?

5. Marvie and Tugger

Nope, I'm home.

6. D and Noisy

I'm thinking a couple of different angles.
    He's had six cycles of the 2u -- dose has probably settled.
    You could shoot the 2u now, would want to monitor.
    A reduction is headed his way (IMO).
    Clock needs to move up, we can use that as tool.
    You could take a drop out of dose now too.
    Don't really want to delay longer than .5 hr.

You could decrease by a drop, then if he went over 150 at PM shot time you could shoot earlier.

You have great instincts, what are you thinking?

Just saw you are home. Hmmm, you could shoot the 2u and watch for the reduction or try the sneak down method (I like sneaking them down).

7. Marvie and Tugger

I'm liking the sneak down option... I've been playing with a syringe and water, so I think I can do it. I'm home to watch him and everything is calm today, no visits or cleaning needed.

K, going to go do that now. I'll get another quick test first, then get them fed before all hell breaks out around here.

8. D and Noisy

I am in bed with my laptop, hoping the seven cats here don't notice I'm not feeding them yet. Well, Otis just bit my glasses and tried to pull them off -- going to feed this here now.

I like SND too -- AS SOON as it doesn't work then method can be changed -- Tugger goes with the flow.

9. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

This is a fascinating conversation Marvie and D! An education! Good luck with your strategy!!

Ella

10. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 55... 59...54

Retest showed 54, about 15 mins after the 59.

I fed him FF chunky chicken and he's eating like he's starved lol. Will shoot here in a few minutes when he's done. I've tried shooting while he heats but he doesn't like that much so I wait and when he's done he'll come flop over on his side for me.

Wow, I didn't realize you have 7 kitties! I bet you have your hands full =) My five and Boo keep me on my toes. LOL'ing at Otis trying to take your glasses off. Do you use them just for reading? I bet, if that's the case, you must take them off and set the laptop aside, then get up to feed.... so he's just helping the routine along ;) Removal of the glasses=food yay!

11. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Your post in Gabby's condo was just too funny! There's no magic "horking" clean up machine in my house and sorry that Tugger decided to make his presence known in that manner.

12. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 54

I used to be quite disgusted with my automatic hork removal system (AHRS)... but I've since decided that it is much less disgusting than stepping in cold wet puke in the dark. So sometimes, if the cats leave presents in the kitchen and are nice enough to put it on one of the rugs I just drag the rug to the living room and call the AHRS to take care of it. Works beautifully =) You should look into purchasing one :lol:

13. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

LOL! Marvie, you are very funny! AHRS [​IMG]

Good luck with the dose shave.

14. D and Noisy

Seems time for an update here. :D

15. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 54 +3 44

I had to hunt for him this time. He found a spot behind a chair with a sheet (everything is covered in sheets bc of cat hair lol) that hangs down low. He watched me go back and forth with the testing basket in hand for five minutes looking in all his usual spots. I even dragged the boy out of bed and made him help because I was getting worried.

When I finally pulled a corner of that sheet up and saw him chillin' back there, all bright eyed and curious, I wanted to wring his chubby little neck. Instead a tested him and found the 44 so I gave him food with gravy on it. Which probably just re-enforced the hiding behavior so now he'll start really hiding in hopes mama gives the good gushy stuff ohmygod_smile

16. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow Marvie what a crazy busy day you have had! Tugger is doing soooooo well!!!!! Awesome!!! Well guess you will never get bored with all the action going on at your house! I have to laugh when you said that you should lock yourself in the bathroom while they are waiting to eat because a lot of times I get home from work a half hour before shot/feeding time and they just stare at me and cry for that half hour until I feed them!! You would think they haven't eaten for days or something! Good luck with the rest of your day!!!

17. D and Noisy

You know the drill. Once you get past full onset then switch to LC -- he'll probably surf fine.
    I'd feel comfortable taking him down to 1.75u tonight, unless he zooms up -- which he typically doesn't do. He may even need another adjustment soon. He's such a good cat.

18. Marvie and Tugger

I think I've given up on trying to schedule anything, his darn shot time is just going to have to be whenever it happens to be. Tugger is his very own dude and will do what he wants, when he wants and he will blaze his very own trail I guess. I'm just going to hang on for the ride. He needs me because I have thumbs and can open the cans and give the shots, so I hope he doesn't loose me in his rush :lol:

Thank Bast though, I have been talking with my most excellent pet sitter via email this morning and she is 100% willing to learn to test and learn what to do and what to watch for. She sees the potential for her business and is excited to learn this. So I will not have to worry one tiny bit (I will, but I won't *have* to) on Easter. Because the best part is that she is at the other end of this street so she can pop in pretty much whenever needed. Just so happens her housemate is a vet tech, so she even has backup if things get scary.

1.75 tonight it is! Wow, this boy is blowing me away. I am so happy with him right now =) He's a very good cat! I probably didn't need to give him gravy at all tbh, I think he'd have done ok with an 8-10% snack but he doesn't seem to be fond of the flavors we have so I gave him 3% with the gravy on it just to interest him a bit. He ate all that I gave him and is now napping in the sunny chair.

19. D and Noisy

Considering it is a +3 44 gravy is good -- don't want him going down further and the gravy should pop him onto his surfboard.
    That is wonderful about pet sitter down the street.
    I'm so excited for Tugger and when you said "I'm just going to hang on for the ride." Tears came to my eyes for my Noisy. I remember when Noisy was on the fast track down -- I'd look at the meter, look at him, say OK baby, your leading the way, I got your back, let's roll." Your Tugger reminds me a bit of my Noisy.

20. Marvie and Tugger

Then Noisy must have been a pretty awesome boy =) I'm very grateful to you for guiding us in this D, I was lost before and afraid to mess up more. Now I see how well my baby is doing and how much I've learned in this short time and I know that no matter where this ride takes us, I can get us through. You, and everyone else who has helped, have given me confidence and I can't thank y'all enough for that. A week ago I was panicking at that number, now I just throw some food down with some carbs in it =)

Speaking of numbers, he's up to 60 at +4 I'll update the subject line in a second.

21. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Congrats on the new dose! Tugger is definitely getting the hang of this and understands that the royal road to gravy is low numbers!

22. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 54 +3 44 +4 60 +5 68

Tugger figures out patterns very quickly! If he does this one more time I will swear he's doing it on purpose ;-)

I think I can get away with a little nap now, he seems to be safely on the rise. I didn't put out more food because there were bits left of the snack I fed at +3 and Tugger found them. Probably not much of the gravy part left on any of it after the other cats finished with it and there wasn't much left at all so I'm not too concerned, but if we see a bigger rise than expected that could explain it. They'll get another snack at +8 or earlier if everyone acts hungry so I'm not going to feel bad for him that the bowls are empty right now. They'll wake me confused_cat if the hunger gets too bad or the dog will need to go outside and they'll all let me know it's food time.

Attached Files:

23. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger AMPS 54 +3 44 +4 60 +5 68 +10 69

I am very proud of our boy today =) He's had a nice day surfing since his little dip at +3. I napped from +5.5 till +7.75 and then went to the store for dinner and when I got back the PS stopped by to be shown how to test. I did one and got 73 and then about three minutes later I had her do the other ear and she got 69. Assuming they are essentially the same I used the second one for the SS. He was an angel for the PS. She was afraid to hurt him and she took a bit of time to decide where to poke and had to try a couple of times before she poked hard enough to get blood, but she did it and he was awesome. She will come back Wednesday sometime to practice again, I will let her do it start to finish without interfering unless she asks for help.

I'm considering feeding him a 7-10% dinner tonight after his shot, if his number stays low like this till shot time. Good idea or bad one with the dose change? I just organized all the foods by %'s and I have something in nearly every % from 0 on up to 10 out for regular dinners and the 11+ stuff under the counter for boosting low numbers. I just figured since he's been riding kind of low all day and since he was such a good boy for PS education, he deserves a bit of a reward. I have a 0% one that he loved the first time so if it would be better to feed low to see what the medicine does on it's own, I can do that. Thoughts or opinions?

24. D and Noisy

I'm pretty fond of the reward system. Are you gonna shoot the 1.75u reduced dose? I would, I think he can handle it.
    What a fantastic day of numbers.

25. Marvie and Tugger

I think I will, he earned it and I agree, I think he can handle it. I had late coffee so I should have no trouble staying up to get a +3/4 to see how it does him.

26. D and Noisy

Forgot to say -- glad the training session went well -- such a relief to have someone to help. I was lucky with Noisy that way.
    Paws crossed for a great night. I look forward to seeing what he does tonight, when I wake up.

27. Marvie and Tugger

Quick ? D, should I shoot him exactly 12 hours today or do you think I can get away with 15 mins early?

28. D and Noisy

How about shooting 15 min. early in the morning instead?

29. D and Noisy

It might be more beneficial in the morning.
    I think his reductions are going to slow down. This was sort of an adjustment period -- not the usual course of action. But when a kitty does what he does you got to follow it.
    Really know what I am thinking/dreaming? I want to him to go OTJ and am thinking he just might.
    The diet change is so strong in him.

30. Marvie and Tugger

Glad I asked then =) It has been a pretty interesting day, probably not good to throw another factor into things.

I have been afraid to hope for him to go OTJ but you're right, the food change has made SUCH a huge difference for him and he's dropping so quickly that he's certainly acting like he wants off!

Whatever he decides to do, that's what we'll do. One thing I've learned is that I'm surely not in control of this roller coaster. I might get to steer a tiny bit once in a while, but I'm not in control lol.

31. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger PMPS 74

I made the boy test for the first time tonight =) I'm on a roll with this teaching thing today lol. He did well, actually better than PS did! Not sure if I did something different or if he's just less afraid to hurt Tugger but he got it on the first poke.

I pulled out my BOS and shot the 1.75, so we'll see how he does. I fed a food I was uncertain of carb content, I figure it's better to assume it's on the higher end when I'm uncertain. Tugger liked it so I was probably right ;)

Will get a +1 and see what's up.

32. Barb & Checkers (GA)

Barb & Checkers (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Tugger PMPS 74 +1 118

What a great condo today, Marvie. This has been very interesting conversation. Wonderful day for Tugger. :smile:

33. bettyandhank

bettyandhank Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Tugger PMPS 74 +1 118 +2 98

i think he's making a b-line also. He's practically racing down. Look what's happened in just a week's time. Amazing.

love keeping up with your story. You're a great Mom and Tugger is lucky. We're rooting for ya'll.

B&H

34. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Re: 3/28 Tugger PMPS 74 +1 118 +2 98

Hmmm you've given me reason to look at the screaming kids in the grocery store slightly differently.. I'll still hate them, but a little less if I envision them growing up into little blood testers ;).

35. Marvie and Tugger

Re: 3/28 Tugger PMPS 74 +1 118 +2 98 + 3 79 +10 89

Huh, well last night I was just sure he'd dip again but he just teased me. We'll see how today goes. He was at 89 @ +10 when we took away food so he'll go down a bit over the next couple of hours.

I have to drive the brat to school, I let him stay up late watching a movie and he overslept (but it's not his fault, the ALARM didn't go off) so now I have to take myself out in the freakin' rain and drive him to school and I will probably have to get out and walk him inside to sign him in. My hair is gross and my clothes don't match and I am so NOT trying to get showered and dressed in time to get him there so he is just going to have to be embarassed at his mama. Maybe next time he'll get his rear end up on time.

I'll open the new condo when I get back...

36. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

LoL @ MARVIE!! Boy Tugger is doing sooo well! Wanted to ask you about the bumps that you talked about in my condo last night. Were they big/small, did they go away quick? I am just concerned about the lump that has formed on his flank. I hate to take him to the vets for nothing and stress him out! A couple of weeks ago when I was shooting Scrabble he jerked away from me when the needle was in and I bruised him in that area(I could see the bruise since he has a shaved patch on his flank that the vet did for me so it was easier to shoot) and now the bruise went away but it is red and there is a bump. I am wondering if it is scar tissue or something? Just wondering what your experience was? Look forward to seeing your amps!

37. D and Noisy

I would shoot 15 min. early with the 1.75u -- be back in your new day condo in little.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.