3/29 Boomer PM - 80

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Traci and Boomer, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10465

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:
    It was a rough night for me. @-) I was having a lot of trouble sleeping and Boomer was being a pain. He was a little vocal at times (wakes me right up) and then at 4am he must've been hungry and not wanted what I left for him so he started pawing my mini-blinds behind my head. That's when I get my spray bottle and he takes off like a bat out of hell. I don't feed him in the middle of the night because I don't want to start a new bad habit. He came back in a couple times pawing my other mini-blinds farther away and I squirted him. I keep the quirt bottle right near my bed; it's the BEST because it WORKS! In the morning I woke up to him sitting on me staring at me. His AMPS wasn't bad, not green, but whatever.

New thing that's been going on is that at least once a week he pees over the side of the litterbox. It's partially in and partially out. Then I have a puddle of pee which is gross. Is this something to be concerned about? he's not peeing anywhere else but in the box, but he's missing. :oops:

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Boomer AM - 106

What hour do you suppose is Boomer's nadir?
    I don't know what to tell you about the LB....it's good that he is not going elsewhere, but missing the box is defeating the purpose, right/ Is it a high-sided box? Sometimes when they sit too high up, they spray over the sides....maybe a shorter LB is better. Hard to say what to do except to place something absorbent on the side where he usually sprays. Maybe someone else has an idea...

Shat food do you have out during the night? Some people have had success with the frozen pucks of food that defrost during the night. I am wondering if he is asking for food because of a very low number...he is doing so well! I suppose if he was very low he would eat whatever was there. I get up every night at 4am and give my two a snack. I make sure they eat it all so there is a good 4 hours between that snack and the AMPS. I do a test on Shadow at that time too since +8 4am is when he peaks.

Full Moon party tomorrow...hope that Boomer can make it! fll_moon

3. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

not a bad number at all! I completely understand about the vocal cat at night, mocha is the WORST when it comes to that. Every now and then mocha also pee's outside the box, through the litterbox. Her box is a covered box and she likes to pee right up front, in the corner and sometimes I don't think she squats low enough and when she doesn't there's a puddle, about the size of a 50 cent piece that I have to wipe up. I'm just grateful that's all I have to clean up. I have been taking care of my friends cats, and while she told me I only have to go down there about every three days to clean out their LB, the first time I noticed pee outside the box, directly in front of it, the second trip there, and then the third trip there, I found poop in two bedrooms and the kitchen! Since then I went every day and have found poop two more times! Yuck! It's gross enough cleaning out your own LB, but when you gotta man handle someone elses cat poop off the carpet, well, that just turns your stomach!

4. Traci and Boomer

Hmmm....okay, maybe he WAS at a low number and I missed it-the next thing would be an OTJ trial. DARN. Oh well. If it happens again I'll get up. It doesn't happen often. I think it was him being a fuss-budget. I try all kinds of food. Some days he isn't fuzzy, some days he is. You never know.

There is NO WAY I'd get up every night to feed him; I feel like a zombie today at work. He's got an autofeeder anyway. I didn't use it last night - just left a bowl out.

What is the story with the full moon? I'm not up to date. Does it mean we all go nuts and the animals too? Do BG's cahnge? Do we turn into werewolves? :lol:

5. Michelle & Scrabble (GA)

Michelle & Scrabble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Traci, I had to laugh at Boomer pawing at the blinds, I know it sucks for you and your sleep!!!! I don't know what to tell you about the litterbox thing, Scrabble likes to go right in the front of the box too but the sides are high so nothing gets out. Well your amps is nice, same as Scrabble's!! Hope your day goes well!!

6. Traci and Boomer

I love Scrabble's new picture. He's a hottie! :lol:

Every cat I've ever had has done the mini-blinds thing to me. I seem to always have mini-blinds and they ALWAYS paw them to wake me up. They are very ingenious about coming up with annoying ways to get me to feed them.

7. Traci and Boomer

<<there's a puddle, about the size of a 50 cent piece that I have to wipe up. >>

A 50 cent piece? That's not too bad. I'm guessing Mocha's more dainty about it. Boomer's puddle is big; I'm guessing most of his pee is going over the side. He's aim is off bigtime! Nasty!

It's really nice that you're helping your friends. It sucks that they're going all over the house. Yuck.

8. Dawn & Nova

Dawn & Nova Well-Known Member

Blinds and cats.. what the heck is it with that.. I don't even know why I HAVE blinds.. I keep them all the way up..and the string tied around about a million times so they can't see it.. I actually went and got curtains for the living room because it was sort of creepy having my neighbour look in at me all the time.. it's nice of my cats to let me live at their house haha.

9. Traci and Boomer

Dawn! I laughed at your post. So funny.
    Same with what you ate for dinner last night....2 cheese sticks and some ice cream.
    That soup I made on Sunday will be my dinner all week. Taking an hour on Sunday to cook is worth the effort.

10. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

(((Traci & Boomer))) too cute.. loved your story about last night.. although I can tell you were not amused :lol: Boomer was just trying to make sure Lantus Land had a laugh today!! Boomer is looking good!! I dont know too much about the full moon party - except Baby & her sister Sadi will jump at any opportunity for a party -- so they are busy getting ready.. already! Anyway.. about the blinds.. I do not know why I have them either.. they are raised always.. or they would be destroyed... crazy kitties.. but they are all sooooooooo super cute too!! ;-)

11. Traci and Boomer

80? Wow - who woulda thunk? :shock: Definitely not me.

Everyone enjoying that rain? We're getting 6 inches or something. I finally have the correct gear for this type of crappy weather. Do you guys wear those silly rain boots in wild patterns? Well, I bought a pair of zebra ones. They turned out to be too tight on my feet and I told my freind at work and she had a pair of leopard ones on and she volunteered to switch boots with me - like little kids or something! Hers fit me and I got two compliments on them later that day. I thought that was hilarious. Anyway I commute into Boston every day and part of that is walking and there's lots of puddles. Thank GOD for those boots. I've been completely warm and dry even in this hell weather.

12. Traci and Boomer

confused_cat

I have a pee problem with Boomer peeing outside the litterbox - he's in it but it's somehow peeing on the floor. I'm getting a little concerned. I have a washable wicker-looking cover thingy over the box. Maybe he can't aim because of the cover? I just went to clean the LB and there was pee all over. Under the litterbox too. It's a friggin' mess. I've left the cover off (that was probably peed on too though I can't see it) to see if that helps. He gets the litter all over when it's not covered. I was thinking maybe I'll get a baby pool and put the litter box in it so if he pees outside it will goi in the pool as well as the litter.

Do you guys think this is a medical thing? Should I call the vet or am I overreacting? The LB is 6.5 inches high. That's the highest I could find. grr_red

13. Dawn & Nova

If he's in his box (and otherwise seems normal).. I don't think there's any problem.. he's probably trying to write his name and running out of room.. try calling him Boom for a while? ;)

14. Traci and Boomer

OMG - you KILL me. That's the second time today I laughed at loud at something you wrote! Maybe I should call him Boo to make it even shorter! :lol:

15. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Traci I had the same problem with my Chloe years back. Somehow when she squated in the corner half of it would end up outside the box!!!! It is very frustrating so I do understand how you feel. Then I was able to get a bigger one with higher sides. Right now they all have a jumbo litter box from Petsmart. I

Petsmart
    Rubbermaid High Sided Litter Pan
    [​IMG]

We have this - Petmate Giant Litter Pan from Petsmart
    [​IMG]

16. Dawn & Nova

Weiiiird.. that's the EXACT same one my cats have :).

17. Traci and Boomer

I think I need the top one. The bottom one doesn't seem any higher than the one I have. thank you for posting these pictures. I HAVE to do something soon!

18. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Traci.. I have always had uncovered litter boxes... until about a month ago.. I got a bright idea to get a covered one.. I would notice urine outside the box a bit & realized I had put the cover on backwards? Once, I put the cover on correctly - the urine stayed in the box. However, about a week after getting the covered litter box.. I read from Dr. Lisa that covered litter boxes are not good for kitty.. one that is open is better for their lungs to breathe in there, etc... so I threw the cover away & just kept the box. This may or may not help.. but I wanted to throw my thoughts in too ;-)

19. Traci and Boomer

Hmm- that is a good point about being able to breath in there. I watched him go a little while ago - something I've not seen in a LONG time. He covers stuff up very well, lol. The cover is off for now. Maybe I'll use it when people come over and keep it off when no one's here. I'd love to toilet train him like Monique did, but I need to wait till I move into a place with two bathrooms first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.