3/29 Esse PMPS+10=339 AMPS=345 +10=284 PMPS=272

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Michele and Esse, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Daily Digest:
    PMPS+10=339
    AMPS=345. Evo out for breakfast, Wellness Chicken and frozen chicken chubs out for lunch. Shot 2U
    +10=284
    PMPS=272. Wellness Chicken out for dinner, Evo out for overnight. Shot 2U
    Yesterday's condo: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=10446

Morning, LL!

Happy Monday! Somehow, my spring break is over...and I don't know where it went! LOL. ASB Meeting today, food fairy delivery today (I've spoken about that, right?), lecture, study group...yeah, we're back and as busy as ever! Still, spring break gave me a lot of data on Esse, so life is good.

Speaking of Esse, she is just fine. A tad high today, but...well...let's see where her AMPS number is, and since we've gotten lots of blue over the last few days, I'm wondering what's up with the AM high numbers. Any ideas?

Hope everyone has a great, successful Monday!

Best-
    Michele

2. Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA)

Pat+Raja+Shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

Re: 3/29 Esse PMPS+10=339

Maybe Esse is just being a cat. :YMSIGH: Oh well...hope you two have a great Monday anyway...
    maybe she will decide that pink is not the color for her today... :razz:

3. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Re: 3/29 Esse PMPS+10=339 AMPS=345

Looks to me like Esse decided to bounce off of yesterday morning's greens.

The "food fairy" delivers? Do tell!!

4. Michele and Esse

I hope you're right, you guys...she's still higher than I'd like to see (284 @ +10), but I don't want to increase the dose again because of the greens yesterday. So I'm really, really hoping she's just bouncing. If she's not, how do I increase when we have green and blue, without taking her too low and tanking out?

Sienne, the Food Fairy...well, it started last year. It was brought to my attention that during our canned food drive for the local foodbank, some students were putting into their pockets instead of putting into the bin for delivery. I spoke with two instructors (both of whom I adore...), and asked if there was any way we could take care of our own...lo and behold, at Christmas break, one of the teachers brought in a cardboard box filled with "left overs from the cupboard". So...because there was a need, each Monday morning I go to the market, and buy some stuff - usually about $30 worth. Dried pasta, boxes of Mac and Cheese, canned pasta sauce, Rice-a-Roni, oatmeal and raisins, dried milk, tuna, stuff like that. By Thursday, there usually isn't a lot (if any) left. The Food Fairy part is because it's not about me (and the occasional other person(s) who make deposits), it's about filling a need as best I can for my fellow students in a way that doesn't affect their pride, doesn't make them feel like they're begging, and can still put food on their table without anyone knowing they are struggling. Most folks don't realize it's me that fills the box (I get to school at 6:30 on Monday morning, far ahead of most other students), and that's the way I want it. It may not be the best food; and I can't feed everyone. But people who feel the need can reach in and grab something, without anyone questioning them as to why they want it, what they're going to do with it, or...and this is key...without someone else deciding if the student "deserves" it. If they feel the need, it's there.

Nursing school is hard enough; doing it hungry would be impossible. It's not much, but it's making a difference to people...and that's what I'm in nursing school for - to make a difference.

So that's the Food Fairy in a nutshell...just something I do because there's a need for it.

Best-
    Michele

5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Generous in spirit; generous in fact. I honestly don't know how you do it!

What will they do once you graduate? I hope the instructors take over your mission.

6. Michele and Esse

In the ASB meeting today, we did discuss the Food Fairy...and what will happen once I graduate. Several of the instructors (who were unaware it was me) have volunteered to figure out how to keep it going, and I believe they will; it came up in the ASB meeting today, so at least it's on the radar, and folks understand the reasoning behind it. That will make it easier to continue, you know?

As for how I do it, I keep a schedule. No, I kid. I really just keep putting one foot in front of the other. That's the only way anyone gets anything done anyway, right?

Best-
    Michele

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.