3/29 Paul-Kyle

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Melissa&Paul-Kyle, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

PK's been hovering between 150 and 250 the last month or so...a few spikes into the 280's- once when caught outside in rain with window closed, and another unexplained incident.

He is still eating 60% raw with 40% Special Kitty mixed in and when I made the batches I used 3 different flavors of the SK, so I wonder when his BG runs alittle higher for a week if it is a higher carb SK variety than the last.

Of course, this last week he gave me both a 147 and a 279 PS on the sam ration of food! So, maybe that isn't related.

Anyway, he is bright and active for him...great appetite as always...still pretty solid so am starting him to 2.4 ozs BID from the prior 2.6ozs BID...see if we can knock off a pound this summer and get the BG's a little lower.

Some of you know that my civvie DebraAnne started having seizures again so is now on Phenobarbital. She is doing well, also. Not too sluggish, appetite back to normal, doesn't seem unsteady on her feet as some warned me she might be and no further signs of additional seizures ( BIG pee spot on floor).

ShoutAnthony was back to the vet again and still has HIGH Ph...8.5! Giving him Vit C as per Vet until I can figure out a different diet.

I would write all else is well, but as soon as I do, Karma will decide otherwise, so I won't write that! ;-)

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update, Melissa. Glad he is steady and feeling well. Poor thing getting stuck out in the cold rain!

Also, paws crossed that DA continues to be seizure free. Are you still giving fluids?

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Poor baby! Those numbers aren't bad otherwise.

Can you feed him all raw and see if it makes a difference? It helps to try and keep the variables down as much as possible so maybe you can figure out what else it could be that makes him bounce around. What do you think?

How much does he weigh?

I hope DebraAnne continues to improve and no more seizures, for sure!

Sending hugs to your doggies too. :)

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

It seems Molly's and P-K's numbers are pretty much the same. Looks like you've got P-K under control so i see no reason not to send you Molly. Look for the Fed-Ex box with the air holes.

MEOW-WV OR BUST-MEOW! :thumbup

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Melissa, I think P-K is doing well. I wish I could say Gandalf's numbers were between 150 and 250.

I know you have good help with DebraAnn's seizures but have you thought about posting questions on the general cat health section of Health? Or even detailing her situation which may enlighten others what course to take - many members here have elderly kitties with a myriad of problems. You may find out something helpful, as well as share something helpful.

Just a thought.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.