3/29 Pippin amps 203

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Deb and Pippin, Mar 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Pippin continues to do pretty well. His nadir is too low though some days which causes him to bounce for a day or two so we continue to slowly lower his dose, he is down to 2.25u doses now.
    We hope all our sugar kitty friends are doing well too.
    We will drop by to let you know when Pancake Day is and say hello!

2. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

Pippin is flippin for flapjacks! Great PS, Deb! So nice to see him doing so well after last year's frustrations.

You are doing a fabulous job with him!

3. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

Hi Deb! Okay, just throwing this out there. Maybe those aren't always bounces but instead possibly the insulin just isn't lasting long enough? I think you have mentioned before that Ferrets metabolism is faster than a cats is. Just like cats metabolize insulin faster than humans, maybe this is the case with Pippin?

And does he run around more at night? Can you get more spot checks then?

I know you're not necessarily asking for any advice here, but again, just thought I would throw that out there FWIW. Probably nothing that has not already been discussed.

And yes, I second that, you are doing a fabulous job. :)

4. Michele&Molly

Michele&Molly Member

We love when you drop in Deb - :YMHUG:

Fabulous PS number - give Pippin and all your furry babies a hug for me! -Michele

5. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Flippin' for flapjacks!

Yes, thanks for stopping by on Pancake Day this week.

6. Deb and Pippin

Deb and Pippin Member

Thanks Pamela, we have tried his dose split into 3 shots a day in case that was the problem and it didnt help but then at that time nothing seemed to be helping him, I actually had thought about trying it again soon just the other day (great minds think alike??)
    He heads to bed with all the others right after his pm shot and they sleep all tangled up in a ball so I leave him be unless I am concerned he will go to low or high then I bite the bullet and wake them all up so I can test him....there is nothing like 6 bright eyed and bushy tailed little weasels all wanting to play at 1 am LOL If undisturbed they sleep 12 hours till am shot time when they all get soup and go back to sleep.......ahhhhh what a life egh?

7. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

well, if it makes you feel better, I have two 2-yr olds that get all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed at midnight-1 am just because I fed them their before bed snack - they don't even eat any of it at that point. They just start running up and down the hallway. I can just imagine what 6 "little weasels" would be like at 1am.

Best to letting sleeping ferrets lay, as they say. What? That's not how it goes?

8. Melissa&Paul-Kyle

Melissa&Paul-Kyle Well-Known Member

looks good!

someone explain pancake day to me please ( and bring some 100% pure Vermont Maple with you when you do, thanks - and maybe a jug of organic skim milk, too)

I don't have 6 lively weasels, but I do hold midnoght sneezes otherwise 120 pounds of dog are ready to romp and wrestle! shhhhh!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.